RawTherapee Dev Version - Video Featuring Local Edits

I’ve been using RT 5.8 for some time and just last evening downloaded the latest dev version and started playing around with it. Boy was I in for a big surprise. I knew that some local adjustments were included in the latest releases, and had actually seen some videos done by Andy A. on the subject, but hadn’t treated them as urgent until just now. This feature alone is a game changer for me.

At the risk of shameless self-promotion, I’ve put a little video together on my YT Channel, FOSS Edits. It’s less tutorial and more demonstration (and a rudimentary one at that) but hopefully someone will come along and find it useful. I’ve got the chapter markers included in the description if you want to skip ahead to the juicy parts.

I also know that some discussion has ensued on here regarding the future of RT, due to the length of time since it’s last stable release, but obviously things are being worked on. Stable or no, what I downloaded is a fantastic piece of software. Thanks to all who contribute to the project.

4 Likes