RAWTHERAPEE local lab 5.8 windows 10 doesn't open

After installing Local lab 5.8 on a machine that already has RT 5.8, when attempting to run nothing happens, Task Manager has no RT processes listed.

Which build did you download and for which OS? LocalLab is already included to general development builds.

You might try the latest dev from here:

Hi I didnt know that 5.8 had Local Lab Im running RT 5.8, I don’t see the Local tab.

@dellaaa Local adjustments are possible in the dev builds of RawTherapee on the automated build page, not in the official 5.8 release version.
The latest build is “RawTherapee_dev_5.8-2544-g1a3907081_20201019.exe”.

Can you try to install this version and test if it runs?

After installing Local lab 5.8 on a machine that already has RT 5.8, when attempting to run nothing happens, Task Manager has no RT processes listed.> Blockquote

Bonjour,
Dans mon cas Les derniĂšres versions RT ne fonctionnent pas dans Windows 10 depuis plusieurs semaines.
Avant je n’ avais aucun problùme.
Actuellement les nouvelles versions affichent une page blanche

Versions RT qui fonctionnent actuellement et ont toujours fonctionné:
a) RT 5.8 officiel du site RT.
RawTherapee_5.8.exe
et la built: RawTherapee newlocallab2_58-2149

b) Les autres versions postĂ©rieures n’ ont jamais fonctionnĂ©.
Par exemple les dev_5.8-2544; dev_5.8-2497; dev_5.8-2485

c) Windows 10 réguliÚrement mis à jour automatiquement

Traduction automatique en anglais:

Same problems.
In my case The latest RT versions haven’t worked in Windows 10 for several weeks.
Before I had no problem.
Currently the new versions display a blank page 

RT versions which currently work and have always worked:
a) RT 5.8 official from the RT website.
RawTherapee_5.8.exe
and the built: RawTherapee newlocallab2_58-2149

b) The other later versions never worked.
For example dev_5.8-2544; dev_5.8-2497; dev_5.8-2485 

c) Windows 10 is regularly updated automatically

W10, automatic build 5.8-2544

It starts on my PC.
It creates the config folder RawTherapee5-dev-dev.
Pehaps it can explain some problems.

I find it is slow to start.
After configuring to start on an empty folder:

@Cempoub Where do you install rawtherapee?

1 Like

The builds from GitHub should run everywhere, ganeed92’s builds depend on some more recent CPU features

Can you please be more specific as to what you are referring to by ‘more recent CPU features’.

@Sunhillow is referring to the fact I build for specific micro architectures as Skylake, Ryzen and Icelake-client as generic is covered by automatic build.

So it may happen that a specific above build cannot run on your CPU.

Skylake is from 2015. Skylake builds should cover also Kaby Lake, Coffee Lake, Cannon Lake, Whiskey Lake, and Comet Lake CPUs.

But that was rather adressed to devs and not a recommendation to @Cempoub

I am a little at lost with Intel architectures. so I am not sure if the choice of march=icelake-client is a good choice for very modern Intel CPU.

2 Likes

Just try the different builds and you will see if they run :upside_down_face:
This is what I did, and the GitHub builds are stable

I just noted a curious issue opened at Version 5.8 could not start after fresh install in windows 10 · Issue #5947 · Beep6581/RawTherapee · GitHub

If RT is located in C:\bin, GTK bugs and RT doesn’t start.

@gaaned92
a) For RT programs that work (conventionally installed as ‘administrator’)
C /Programs/RawTherapee/5.8
with the 86 necessary elements (subfolders and files).
or or Programs / RawTherapee / newlocallab2_5.8-2149-g88d6c9f3c_20200619
with the 88 necessary elements 

b) For those who don’t work
(C / Programs / RawTherapee / dev_5.8-2450-ga7971abfc_20200827
or C / Programs / RawTherapee / dev_5.8-2544-g1a3907081_20201019)
Only a ‘lib’ folder and cascading subfolders
/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/ empty folder

c) Computer:
Intel I3 -5005U CPU, 12G RAM, x64 bit system

Protocole suivi:
a) Pour les programmes RT qui fonctionnent (installĂ©s classiquement en ‘administrateur’)
C /Programmes/RawTherapee/5.8
avec les 86 éléments nécessaires (sous-dossiers et fichiers)

ou ou Programmes/RawTherapee/newlocallab2_5.8-2149-g88d6c9f3c_20200619
avec les 88 éléments nécessaires

b) Pour ceux qui ne fonctionnent pas
(C/Programmes/RawTherapee/dev_5.8-2450-ga7971abfc_20200827
ou C/Programmes/RawTherapee/dev_5.8-2544-g1a3907081_20201019)
Uniquement un dossier ‘lib’ et des sous dossiers en cascades
/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/ dossier vide

c) Ordinateur:
Intel I3 -5005U CPU, RAM 12G, systeme x64 bits

hi.
yes thank you, i downloaded this build and it worked.

it takes 25 seconds for the program to load on a Dell 5810 workstation (dual 6 core intel processors with hyper threading) 32g of ram and a 500G SSD. I checked task manager and some pretty significant processing was being done (utilization of cpu was 18 %) which for this box is a decent amount. what exactly is it doing? 5.8 RT loads in 7 seconds btw.

a couple of observations:

perhaps labeling the builds would make finding the desired dev build easier for someone not that well versed in the environment. Filename RawTherapee_dev_5.8-2544-g1a3907081_20201019.exe doesnt really tell me anything about whats inside

i installed into a new sub \RawtherapeeLocalLab the install did not list this sub as a location for the shortcuts (minor bug)

when i tried to use the software, i placed a dot on an image and i was not able to see any of the adjustments (i.e. I reduced the exposure by a stop) what am i doing wrong

many thanks again for the file location info

My mistake 11% utilization of cpu, I double clicked and 2 instances were launched.,

The last two parts before .exe are the date and the git hash. So it actually tells you everything that is there. You can take that hash and look at the github project and see all the changes made.

That’s right. following what @paperdigits wrote, I can make a few observations.

• Those dev builds are made for advanced users who want to use the last features. They are not documented as the stable builds are.
  • to document modifications, labeling the build is not sufficient, you need a changelog as there can be numerous new features, modified features,bugs corrections. Perhaps some dev updates such a changelog

je crois comprendre qu’il n’y a dans ces installations que le sous dossier /lib. Si oui ça ne peut pas fonctionner. Vous avez eu ou fait une erreur lors de l’installation ou de l’extraction.

Les builds doivent ĂȘtre tĂ©lĂ©chargĂ©s depuis https://github.com/Beep6581/RawTherapee/releases/tag/nightly uniquement

Vous pouvez soit utiliser l’installeur (suffixe .exe) soit le zip (suffixe .zip).
Le zip contient un seul rĂ©pertoire qui porte le mĂȘme nom que le zip et que vous pouvez extraire oĂč vous voulez. Tous les fichiers et sous/rĂ©pertoires sont contenus dans ce rĂ©pertoire et seront copiĂ©s automatiquement.
Pour l’exe il suffit de dĂ©signer le rĂ©pertoire d’installation. Le plus prudent est de desinstaller d’abord la version installĂ©e prĂ©cĂ©dente.

Makes sense, if you are intimately involved in the development this is a good thing. The problem is casual users like myself.

Now you have all the information necessary to inform yourself.

gaaned92
Thanks, my problem is solved
I downloaded and unzipped the Skylake built:
RawTherapee_dev_5.8-2546-g08a891136_W64_Skylake_201022.
Classic installation without problem. Quick start of this RT 2546.
Thank you all for all your work and your availability.

@gaaned92
Merci, mon problÚme est résolu
J’ai tĂ©lĂ©chargĂ© et dĂ©zippĂ© le Skylake built:
RawTherapee_dev_5.8-2546-g08a891136_W64_Skylake_201022.
Installation classique sans problĂšme. Mise en route rapide de ce RT 2546.
Merci à tous pour tout votre travail et votre disponibilité.