Rawtherapee vs ART camera support (Sony A7RV)

Hi,

I am trying to figure out how to add support to the Sony A7RV (ILCE-7RM5) in Rawtherapee but I am not able to understand the logic in the code. I tried to compare with ART (which support this camera) but it seems that the two are diverging quite significantly when it comes to raw decoding. Any pointer?

Thanks!

1 Like

The main difference here is that ART uses LibRaw while RT does not yet. I have a similar problem: ART supports my A7IV while RT does not. One of RT developers @Lawrence37 provided me with his own branch which uses LibRaw. I built this branch and verified that my camera was supported. Now the question is when this branch with LibRaw will be merged into main…

2 Likes

Thank you! That’s the piece of information I needed. No wonder I couldn’t find similarities between the two: I was indeed comparing apples to oranges :wink:

Note that the A7R5 should work fine if you shoot lossy compressed or uncompressed raw, other than possibly lacking color profile information.

It’s only lossless compressed that is problematic right now. I just shoot uncompressed with my A7M4 right now.

1 Like

I tried the same, but the difference in size multiplied by number of shots is just too much. So I use ART instead. BTW a great simplified and actively developed program, highly recommended.

2 Likes