RawTherapee Website release post (aka: we're not dead yet)

I only see “scheduled” in the ARM line.

That simply means that a new build has been scheduled. This may happen for different reasons (dependency update, manual retrigger, new version, etc). If you go here (State of openSUSE_Factory_ARM for graphics / rawtherapee - openSUSE Build Service) you can see the generated binaries.

1 Like

I have just searched the documentation of RT and did not find anything about this: what are the minimum hardware requirements for RT?

I could give the non-answer: “a computer”. But in all honesty, I don’t know. Any lower margin seems very arbitrary to me. It depends heavily on the raw input (megapixels) and which modules you use.
In principle, any modern 64-bit computer with a half-decent CPU and some RAM could process most raw formats comfortably.

3 Likes

Here’s my latest adventure:

This is RT on Debian unstable RISC-V 64bit in QEMU. It took some time to get the VM ready and even some more to compile RT. But works as designed, albeit slow. :+1: :snail:

Best,
Flössie

3 Likes

Nope but should work, even on older Pi hardware. Personally I’d recommend something like a 4GB Pi4, if only for the RAM. Image processing is usually RAM-intensive.

I do a huge amount of stuff with Pis at work, but it’s all headless.

Also Pis have become unobtainium lately.

In theory vkdt should be able to compile/run on Pis with fairly minimal work now that there is full Vulkan support on Pi 4. darktable would have issues likely due to OpenCL-on-Vulkan translation layers being, um… “meh” at best and Pi only supporting Vulkan and not OpenCL. Same problem darktable would have on the likes of NVidia Jetson - NVidia does not support OCL on their ARM platforms, so your choices are CUDA or Vulkan or an OpenCL-on-Vulkan translation layer. Every one I am aware of depends on clspv, which is limited to a subset of OpenCL 1.2.

1 Like