RawTherapee YouTube Review

Tony Northrup (who has nearly 600,000 followers) shows his favorite two free RAW image editors.

summary: If you are good with computers, you will love RawTherapee.

2 Likes

Nice! Relevant RawTherapee portion is at 24:18. :smiley:

I just came here to post this. Beat me to it :wink:

“To download it you see this long list, its already a nerdy experience.”

I lol’d, but we should make it a bit easier, no?

1 Like

Yeah, you always have to keep in mind that there is a big community of users who are not programmers, not scientifically inclined, not even slightly nerdy, not even interested in how things work…but still want to process their pictures. :grin:

Tony just shew us how unfamiliar he was with RT (e.g. not activating the tool with the power button), but at least he talked about it which is nice.

2 Likes

Well, you can tell who has read the entire Rawtherapee manual and who hasn’t. (Somewhat joking here.)

I for one, found the Rawtherapee interface initially overwhelming and did not use the software until I recently purchased a Nikon raw capable camera. Once I realized I needed a raw editor and finding RawTherapee likely the best software tool, I immediately set-out to read the entire Rawtherapee manual. Once I completed reading the RawTherapee manual, I found myself no longer overwhelmed by all the options/features/functions.

The only problem now is knowing when and where to use all of RawTherapee’s functions. And am guessing Tony Northrup’s $20 Light Room book will probably suffice, as these other programs are merrily more simplified and adhere to similar principles of RawTherapee. On the flip, if you have a degree in color and lighting, this is probably child’s play and will not need any training wheels or coloring book to explain RawTherapee’s functions!

2 Likes

We still need to simplify the downloads :slight_smile: