RC-Astro tools available in Siril

🎁 For new purchases, use the coupon code SIRIL10 to get a 10% discount. (Expired in July 2026)

Starting today, the RC-Astro tools — BlurXTerminator, StarXTerminator and NoiseXTerminator — can be used directly from Siril.

These tools no longer require any specific host software. RC-Astro now provides a stand-alone command-line tool that runs on Windows, macOS and Linux. To use it within your usual processing workflow, we have created three dedicated scripts, one for each tool: BlurXTerminator, StarXTerminator and NoiseXTerminator.


This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://siril.org/2026/06/rc-astro-tools-available-in-siril/

I am running the RC-Astro CLI tools on Siril and receiving crashes and coredumps when the script starts. The process that creates the dump is terminated, and the Xterminator tool runs fine, but the crash and coredump are annoying (and wasting space for the 10 Meg dump). This happens with any of the 3 tools when started from the Python scripts in Siril. (I have not tried running them independently of Siril.)

I opened a ticket with RC-Astro but they say the crash is before their tool starts.

I am running Siril version 1.4.4 on Linux Kubuntu version 26.04 LTS, along with the free trial version of the RC-Astro CLI tools. I can provide the notification, and/or coredump.