Reduce pink-ish tone

One of my lenses provides a pink-ish tone when shot in bright light. The attached image is one of them. The sky is a mix of blue and pink. The embedded jpg is just a little bit better than the raw file compared to the rendered raw file in darktable. I tried several adjustments in the colour module but in the end I could not reduce the pinkish sky to my taste. Perhaps an easy job but I’m struggling with this. Any suggestions how to edit this raw image or should I get rid of the lens :wink:?
L1001164.DNG (28.4 MB)

Good evening, @01McAc,
How do you like this interpretation?

L1001164.DNG.xmp (8.5 KB)

Have fun!
Claes in Lund, Sweden

I don’t think that such expensive lenses are the problem. I would not recommend to get rid of them :wink:

I think similar problem was discussed here: Sony A7 (m2), color calibration module, sometimes quite different colors compared to legacy whitebalance, not always

I used only the white balance module for white balancing instead of white balance + color calibration. See attached sidecar file:

L1001164.DNG.xmp (12.5 KB)

This is the result:

EDIT: An updated version with more balanced color using color balance rgb:

L1001164.DNG.xmp (12.9 KB)

Rendering in ART so I could use DCP to get basic color…image seems fine…placed a few pickers… Tarmac might be a bit on the red side but Adobe colors favor that…

Embedded profile with a little exposure…

The moving parts in DT can introduce some issues esp now with v6 filmic being extremely sensitive to wb issues…

EDIT…moving to DT…very basic edit… just a few modules…

L1001164.DNG.xmp (6.7 KB)

If the hint of red…is bothersome in the pavement… a small tone eq tweak using the red channel can completely make it gray

See screenshot for the change …and pretty low opacity …using the picker to balance it…

@Claes, cheers- nice try but it looks redish with more contrast :wink:
@7osema, the second image looks promising but the sky is still a bit red/pinky
@priort, ART is an amazing app with fantastic results but darktable is more comprehensive and in particular the mask editing is fantastic imho. I wish some of the algorithm could be reused in dt. Anyway, I decided to use just one app and this is darktable. I’ll have a look into your last screenshot and the xmp file. It looks pretty good.

@priort, what is the name of the module you are using here? It looks different in my git-version of darktable

Its just the tone eq…

I don’t see a pinkish tone to be honest.

I also don’t see a difference between ‘old color style’ and ‘modern color style’ (as in, using just white balance, and using white balance ‘set as reference’ and then color-calibration).

Done nothing to the file except enable denoise / chromattic abberations (enabled by default for me), hit the ‘auto white’ point in filmic, then enabled color-balance-rgb with the ‘colorfulness: standard’ preset. So basically no edit whatsoever, just loading the image and set white point in filmic.

I adjusted the exposure in the non-modern one, because different white balance means different exposure.

modern (with color calibration):

L1001164.DNG.xmp (15.7 KB)

Just white-balance:

L1001164_04.DNG.xmp (17.3 KB)
t

I can toggle between them and really have to look to see the color differences. They are there though.