Hi Folks !
I’m happy to announce the release of the version 18.104.22.168 of the G’MIC image processing framework!
I’ve spent a lot of my vacation times to code new features, debug, test, and improve the whole thing.
I hope you will enjoy it !
Here are the details of the new features added to this G’MIC release:
- [all] New command -input_glob insert multiple images whose filenames match the specified glob pattern (such as *.jpg). Very convenient for users of the standard Windows console. This command has also an equivalent shortcut -ig.
- [all] New native command -_status (eq. to -_u) is used to escape any backslash in a status string so that strings containing escape sequences can be easily manipulated.
- [all] New functions argmin(), argmax(), dowhile(), for() and print() available in the math parser. A math expression can now define its own loops, which opens a lot of perspectives to define new custom algorithms that work at a pixel level.
- [all] New command -fibonacci which returns the Nth value of the Fibonacci sequence.
[gimp] New filter Artistic / Vector painting which creates vectorized abstraction of images.
Improvements / Changes :
- [all] Folder used to store G’MIC resources and configuration files is not located in $XDG_CONFG_HOME/ (freedesktop standard) when possible.
- [all] Various optimizations have been done after code profiling. In particular, command -window has been optimized a lot. Parsing function for image selections is also faster for the most common cases.
- [all] Introduced the notion of G’MIC Standard Library (stdlib) in the source code. Replace the term default commands that was used before.
- [all] Improved granularity of the abort feature. Testing cancellation of a G’MIC pipeline can be done directly inside CImg methods now.
- [gimp] Make the interface more responsive when computing filter preview. Parameters of the filters can now be changed even if the preview has not completed.
- [gimp] Allow filters to hide the zoom buttons below the preview widget. Can be useful when zooming in/out makes the preview very inaccurate.
- [gimp] Filter tree keeps keyboard focus when a filter is selected.
- [gimp] Add a warning message when someone changes the zoom factor of the preview for a filter that does not support it (will render an non-accurate preview).
- [gimp] Add a Reset zoom button to reset zoom factor to best value for the current filter.
- [all] Fix small parsing bug in certain cases where double quotes are not closed.
- [all] Fix bug preventing to read images from stdin when used format was not in .cimg[z].
- [all] Fix parallelization bug in 3d object rendering function.
- [all] Fix unreleased mutex bug that may happen in 3d object rendering function.
- [all] Plus various minor bug fixes in the G’MIC standard library.
- [all] Fix support for saving .pan files (PANDORE format) on 64bits systems.