Release of G'MIC 1.7.5

Hello there,

I’m happy to announce the release of a new version (numbered 1.7.5) of the G’MIC image processing framework. As always, I encourage upgrading to this new version as soon as possible :innocent:.
Note that due to important changes in the language parser, previous versions won’t get filter updates anymore.

What is G’MIC?

G’MIC is a full-featured open-source framework for image processing. It provides several different user interfaces to convert/manipulate/filter/visualize generic image datasets, ranging from 1d scalar signals to 3d+t sequences of multi-spectral volumetric images, thus including 2d color images.

The following is the full Changelog of the version 1.7.5, as compared to the previous stable version 1.7.4.
Enjoy !

New features:

• [gimp] New filter Details / Dcp Dehaze that helps removing haze in photographs (thanks Jérome Boulanger for this great contribution!).

Improvements:

• [core] Using one,two or three dots to specify shortcuts for respectively [-1],[-2] and [-3] is now generalized to command arguments (those shortcuts were valid only for commands selections).

• [core] Libgmic can now be compiled to work with 16bits half-float images.

• [core] The core code has been slightly optimized : 1. by minimizing the number of internally thrown exceptions, 2. by improving the command instanciation code.

• [stdlib] Command -input_clut is more robust, and is able to load 1d clut files as well.

• [stdlib] Command -sort_list is now able to sort list of images according to the image titles (lexicographic order).

• [stdlib] Commands -average_files, -median_files, -average_video and -median_video now works with 16bits/channel images.

• [gimp] Slight redesign of the plug-in GUI, to minimize mouse motion when having to select an ‘Input/Output’ option.

Bug fixes:

• [stdlib] Fix serious bug in command -decompress_rle.

• [gimp] Fix tiny preview size issue when using plug-in with GIMP 2.9.x.

2 Likes

@David_Tschumperle would it be possible to add support for 1D .cube LUTS in addition to 3D ones?

I can pm a sample 1D LUT if needed…

Thanks!

Yes I think this is possible too.
If you have a particular test sample to send, you are welcome :slight_smile:

• 08/16/2016 : Final release!
2 Likes

Is it possible to have a much more finer scale with Dcp Dehaze?
Now the result is grainy with scale=1. With a bigger scale there are halos very quick. (Tree in the haze. halos around branches and sprigs.)

Do I use it wrong? Do I have to use the result as a overlay?

Thanks @David_Tschumperle this looks like a fantastic release. I’ll update the package in NixOS.

Hi! Why is my Gimp not picking up the new G’mic filters?

@Ben:

Note that due to important changes in the language parser, previous versions won’t get filter updates anymore.

Hi. Thank you, but what does that mean. Previous versions of G’mic? What should I do if my computer at home is not connected to the net. Are there any offline installers that install all filters?

What is a language parser and what can I do to fix it?

I read something about v.1.7.2? Should I first install v.1.7.2 and then install v.1.7.5?

@Ben you should install 1.7.5, it is the version that will get updated filters from now on.

If you’re computer at home isn’t connected to the internet, then you were never getting updates anyway.

Thank you so much. If it would help others in the future with this same problem, I’ll let you know when I got a solution :wink:

You may be able to download manually from http://gmic.eu/update175.gmic then save it in appdata\gmic
Sorry I can’t offer much more help than this!

2 Likes

Thank you

Thank you SOOO much! :slight_smile: It worked! :smiley: Oh yeah! hahaha I was stressing!