Release of G'MIC 1.7.8

Is there a plan to set up auto filter updates from git? Sometimes after adding a new filter I start to wonder if I made a mistake…

It’s really not a big problem of course, the updates have been fairly frequent anyway :slight_smile: and nothing is urgent.
(I have a new test filter waiting just now - another type of 2x/4x upscale)

Hi. Photoshop has this “plastic wrap” texture effect filter. Does G’mic have something similar?

Can you post s before/after screen capture of the filter?

Yes, clearly I have to find a way to trigger the update when the gmic-community repository has been updated. I’ll think about this :slight_smile:

Cool, I hope there’s a nice way but won’t shed any tears if it can’t be done :smiley:

Filter now in Testing > Garagecoder > Upscale [box]

Following on from Comparison gallery of image scaling algorithms - Wikipedia

Output is like a “soft” bicubic and with less “stair-step”, maybe useful for some. What’s nice is it’s a trivial calculation so reasonably fast.

1 Like

Plastic wrap filter.

Yes, filter Relief light gives something similar.

I’m no coder, but I’m like a spy hahaha wanna get all “KFC’s” secrets and share it with the Gimp and G’mic teams to make them better! Can only provide suggestions, ideas and concepts so far… but it’s the least I can do. You guys are awesome and inspiring!

“Upscale [box]” updated, I thought of a simple way to make the output crisper which isn’t much slower at all. The only real downside is a slight increase in edge oversharpening, if I hear any complaints I can make it optional…

Edit: probably be a while before it’s available - awaiting filter sync :slight_smile:

I’ll update it (manually) soon.
Tomorrow, I’ll try set up a way to automatize updates, every hour as it was the case before.

Cool, sorry for so many updates lately - been “dumping” stuff that’s been in stock for a while :smiley:

Don’t worry, I’m actually always happy when I see people help developing the project :slight_smile:

Two little news concerning the project:

1. Filter updates will be pushed to the G’MIC server on every hour, meaning that if someone contributes to the gmic-community repository and add a new filter in it, it should be available at most one hour later.

2. I’ve built new pre-release packages for upcoming version (1.7.8), which are downloaded by default from the G’MIC website. The current work on the pre-releases is mainly focused on optimizations and bug reports, so it’s good to get user feedbacks as soon as possible when something is wrong.

1 Like

:smiley:
Good stuff!

That’s awesome!

@David_Tschumperle

In G’MIC 1.7.8 pre, there is an error with the “Smooth [patch-pca]” filter:

In G’MIC 1.7.7 this filter works correct.

(windows 64)

Could you try with the version I’ve posted today ?
This filter works for me right now.

David,

That is correct, thank you. Next time I will first download the latest file. Excuse me for bothering you.

Don’t be sorry, all the reports you do are more than useful to me.
I hope I’ll be able to release version 1.7.8 this week, so if you see strange things before, do not hesitate to let us know !

1 Like