Release of G'MIC 2.3.0

One last question about negate. What should base_value actually be: max signal (1, 255, 65535, etc.) or max value (iM)? I am guessing that it is the former. Sorry this has become a Q&A lol.

Base value is whatever you want or need it to be - it’s best if you think if it as simply a math operation (rather than a way of producing photo negatives). If your input is 0-255 then mostly you would use 255. It entirely depends on the reason for use; G’MIC core commands usually make no assumptions about your input.

1 Like

My issue with the color selector at the moment is that it seem 8-bit, and I’m not aware that it can select LAB value on the image or high depth images. Is that going to be solved?

The color selector is provided by the graphical toolkit (either GTK or Qt, depending on which version of the plug-in you are using). Unless they decide to upgrade it to be able to support 16bits color selection, it won’t be fixed in G’MIC.

So that means no LAB, CMYK, or high depth selection any time soon. Oh well.

• 2018/03/12 : Release of version 2.2.1.

Thanks for apply_blocs. This is really what I wanted when I asked about CLAHE, the ability to manipulate things in a regional manner. Just a suggestion: in English “bloc” is a word that refers to politics; e.g., Bloc Québécois. Maybe “blocks”, “tiles”, “regions” or even “local” could replace “bloc”.

OK, renamed it to apply_tiles (shortcut at), should be working with the next filter update.

• 2018/04/11 : Release of G’MIC 2.2.2.

Not a big deal: when I was examining the filters in stdlib, e.g., remove_hotpixels, I discovered that there were 18 instances of -+ commands. With the new syntax the - is no longer necessary, right?

Right, fixed :stuck_out_tongue:

What is the difference between avg() and mean()?

There’s no difference actually. I should probably remove one !

Hi David, I see the CMakeLists.txt file is still missing from the latest release (2.2.3). Is there something not working correctly?

Oh wait, it actually is included in the github release archive, just not in the source code archive that’s linked from the gmic website. ( https://gmic.eu/files/source/gmic_source.tar.gz )

Hello Sander,
Ah, this is something I need to check. I thought this was fixed :frowning:
I’ll have some time during the week end hopefully.

@saknopper, this is now fixed.
The CMakeLists.txt is now provided with the .tar.gz file in the pre-release source package (https://gmic.eu/files/prerelease/gmic_source.tar.gz).
Thanks for reporting !

That’s great, thanks David!

Packages for pre-release of G’MIC 2.3.0 are now available on our pre-release page. Wanna help testing before the official 2.3.0 release ? :kissing_closed_eyes:

Pre-release download pages:

1 Like

Do community contributors need to do something different with git to make changes? Apologies if I missed a message about it somewhere…

No, there have been no changes for external contributors.
The only thing right now is that filter update are only generated for version 2.3.0_pre, not for the previous ones (because of the new point() parameter).