Release of G'MIC 2.5

@David_Tschumperle

Would it be possible for you to tag the prerelease builds in git when you release a new version?

This would allow people who have subscribed to the gmic mirror on GitHub to receive a notification when a new build is released.

I think I can’t really do that. Sometimes, pre-releases may be more or less “broken”, or incomplete or whatever, because this is more development tests than actual releases.
For instance, yesterday I’ve posted new binaries, but unfortunately some of the OS I’m compiling on didn’t succeed, so not all provided pre-releases have the same date.

Anyway, release of version 2.5.0 is coming soon now.

• 2019/03/15: Release of version 2.5.1 !

package for opensuse for 2.5.1 is done will be available via Install package graphics / gmic soon

gmic
libgmic1
libgmic-devel
gimp-plugin-gmic
krita-plugin-gmic
gmic-doc
gmic-zart

1 Like

@darix, I’ve got feedback from some users about filters that are not working correctly anymore in G’MIC 2.5.1.
I’ve tracked the bugs and it appears the use of the eigen library was causing the troubles.
I’ve then released new minor version 2.5.2 tonight, to make things working as expected.

1 Like

update submitted.

btw: do you have an icon I could use for a desktop icon for gmic_qt?

then we could add a desktop file for it as well.

Usually, I take the ‘gmicky’ picture for icons (looks at my avatar here at pixls.us).
What resolution can it be ?

up to 512x512 or even svg if you have

I have problem with color presets.

They never seems to update. They’re stuck in a loop.
Image is 128KB and still it takes forever.

Do you mean the update function?

Or data?

Or some filter?

Or G’MIC CLI / GUI themselves?

so what changed in 2.5.3?

I found a small bug in the CImg library and fixed this, sorry.

Color → color presets

When I choose some preset, it takes long to apply the filter even with 128 KB image with preview timeout message.

I suspect the plug-in cannot access to the CLUT datafile, located on the G’MIC server.
How did you install the plug-in ?

Ah no, sorry it was my fault.
Please press the ‘refresh filters’ button, and it should be OK.

How did you install the plug-in ?

Through the update. Some month ago Update button didn’t work so I had to do it manually. But, now it works.
Are manual updates more fresh ?

I suspect the plug-in cannot access to the CLUT datafile, located on the G’MIC server

Is this color preset only online? Could you make it offline too? Because now are relly slow to compute.
Previously there were Film emulation filters which worked well.

_101542074_gettyimages-956391468

_101542074_gettyimages-956391468

No, it’s the same than automatic updates.

No, once you got the clut data file, all presets can be applied offline.

The algorithm has not changed since the last version, so it shouldn’t be slower with the new version.

No, once you got the clut data file, all presets can be applied offline.

I can not apply it offline.

• Minor update today, v.2.5.4: optimizations of the FFT transform, as well as the convolution with small kernel (up to 5x5 and 3x3x3).