Release of G'MIC 2.5

This is awesome for us packagers! :smiley:

opensuse update done Welcome - openSUSE Build Service

I feel a lot of irony in this comment :slight_smile:
Anyway, from now I think I will release more frequent minor updates than before. I don’t plan to make big changes in G’MIC in the future, so I’ll probably try to improve it with a few optimizations and cleaning, which is perfectly adapted for minor releases !

No irony involved. It made my life as a packager easy. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I still can’t apply color presets in offline mode 2.5.4

g1
_101542074_gettyimages-956391468

If you have installed the plug-in with the installer, then the file gmic_cluts.gmz should be already somewhere on your drive (in the plug-in folder gmic_gimp_qt/ ).
Please check this is the case.
Have you installed the plug-in in an ‘exotic’ location ?

Yes, I used .zip archive version and under Folders/plugins I added the path.

When I update the GMIC , new gmic_cluts.gmz is under this folder (which GMIC has generated alone) .

g2

But GMIC does not use gmic_cluts.gmz from this folder but rather connects to the net.
In offline mode I got error therefore.

That is really strange.
G’MIC should read gmic_cluts.gmz from the %APPDATA%\gmic\ folder in order to decompress the desired CLUT.
Won’t be able to check on Windows before next Monday, unfortunately.

Could it be your username contains some unrecognized characters ?

EDIT : Also, I’ve tried to modify the filter, maybe try updating the filters with the update button and tell me if that solves your problem.

EDIT : Also, I’ve tried to modify the filter, maybe try updating the filters with the update button and tell me if that solves your problem.

It works now offline !!! Thank you!!!
What was the issue?

I still don’t know exactly. It seems that the function isfile() I use to test the presence of the file gmic_cluts.gmz is not working for you.
Could you please write the complete path to your %APPDATA%/gmic/ directory ? Maybe it contains some weird characters that G’MIC is not able to read. But it would help fixing this bug.
Thanks.

GMIC folder where I extracted it
C:\GIMP 2\gmic_gimp_qt

app data folder created when I hit update button
C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\gmic

Also, AppData\Roaming\gmic is now filled with more files than before. These files weren’t present before.

Before this update in AppData\Roaming\gmic folder there were only these files (when color presets were not working):

Stylize filter also tries to connect to network rather than working from GMIC.

Yes, same rule here.
Once you’ve got all the style images, then you can go offline.

Hmm, a bit off topic: My system is cluttered with gmic_cluts.gmz files following the usage of cmic-cli and gmic gimp plugins with different GIMP builds and e.g. calls to clut.

Either gmic should respect the definition of $GMIC_SYSTEM_PATH or -path_gimp should possibly not point to $TMPDIR (at least on my Mac) etc.

GMic for gimp 255
fx_apply_curve don’t works anymore with channels = ALL

[G’MIC] Curves: fx_apply_curve 0,93,126,-1,128,-1,128,-1,128,-1,128,255,1,0,0,0,0
channels all → a total red image in output

[G’MIC] Curves: fx_apply_curve 0,93,126,-1,128,-1,128,-1,128,-1,128,255,1,16,0,0,0
channels lab lightness works fine (same with other channels)

Gmic 254 dont have this problem

1 Like

Fixed ! Thanks for reporting!

new release?:slight_smile:

Next Friday, yes :slight_smile:

with release notes?:))

Changelog for 2.5.6 , released on 2019/04/08.

New features:

• New filter Deformations / Warp [interactive] allows to create custom deformation with an interactive keypoint editor.

Improvements:

• Command map now accepts multi-channels input images, and output then an image with nb_channels(input)*nb_channels(colormap) channels.

Bug fixes:

• Fix 2.5.4->2.5.5 regression in command map.
  • Fix compilation warnings that appeared with latest version of clang.
2 Likes