Release of G'MIC 2.6

Because primes will always be primes, why not keep a vector of say the first 500 primes sitting around?

What if I want to generate a ulam spiral of prime on 8192x8192 canvas? That means 21361415 primes.

Having a list is better than is-priming every single natural number.

Works for me. What is happening for you ?

After a few more tests, I confirm there is sometimes a bad memory accesses with this particular .cube file.
I’ll try to fix this ASAP.

I found a bug in the C++ code, and fixed it.
I’m currently releasing a version update 2.6.1 with the fix included. Should be ready in one hour or so.

1 Like

Hi, David,
I have a big problem building G’MIC 2.6.1. The build configuration based on the Debian/Ubuntu from G’MIC 2.4.5.

/usr/bin/ld: CMakeFiles/gmic_gimp_qt.dir/src/FilterSelector/FiltersModelReader.cpp.o: undefined reference to symbol ‘fftw_init_threads’

https://launchpadlibrarian.net/421617121/buildlog_ubuntu-bionic-amd64.gmic_2.6.1+om-ubu18.04.1~ppa_BUILDING.txt.gz

Any hints?

Don’t know, the G’MIC-Qt interface does not use functions from the FFTW library, so it should not even report that error :frowning:
(only the G’MIC core file gmic.cpp does).

Mmm! Something is rotten in Debian’s and/or Ubuntu’s build recipe. :exploding_head:

OK, I think that it is fixed now, with update 2.6.1.
Could you try to install it and check ? Thanks !

gmic_gimp_qt 2.6.1 (using Gimp 2.10.10 in either kubuntu 18.04 or Win 10 VM)

In Frames → Droste gives this error

*** Error in ./fx_droste/*repeat/repeat/ *** Command ‘fill’: Unrecognized item ‘$x0’ in expression '…3 = $x0+(y-$y0)/($y3-$y0)($x3-$x0)…’.

1 Like

This has been fixed, thanks @rich2005!

Yes. Now working. Thanks.

gmic_gimp_qt 2.6.2 using Gimp 2.10.10 & kubuntu 18.04

in Rendering → Circle Art using Type Lissajous spiral (Random is OK)

*** Error in ./fx_circle_art/if/ *** Command ‘fill’: Unrecognized item ‘$t0’ in expression '…cos($t0+1t…’.

1 Like

Should be fixed now, thanks !

1 Like

Changelog for upcoming version 2.6.2 (not released yet!).

New features:

• New custom command display2d (shortcut d2d) implements an alternative viewer for 2d images only. Will be probably used as an easy-to-retouch code base in the future, for other interactive filters. This becomes the default viewer for 2D images in G’MIC.
  • New commands x_crop, x_threshold, x_cut
  • More than one hundred CLUTs have been added to the CLUT database. G’MIC has now 714 CLUTs available (stored in a compressed format). The new CLUTs come from FreshLUTs.

Improvements / Modifications:

• Interactive modes for native commands crop, resize, threshold and cut have been removed. They are now replaced by specific interactive commands x_crop, x_cut and x_threshold.
  • Compilation of G’MIC is now done with additional warning flags -Wshadow, for g++ version >=5.

Bug fixes:

• Fix bug in documentation that prevented the generation of the bash completion script.
  • Fix regression in error handling, that prevented errors encountered in parallel threads to be displayed correctly.
  • Fix bug for commands break and continue to make them work correctly when used in local...endlocal environments.
  • And other small bugs fixed.
1 Like

I know coding takes in time, but I haven’t received anything about dynamic array size as my rep_reversespiralbwcoordinatemap shows evidence of limit. Is that a possible issue to solve?

TBH, I haven’t understood your problem.

Take a image whose size is over 4096 * 4096. Preferably, 8192 * 8192. Try the spiral matrix going from reverse to forward transform or the reverse. You will note that the color that is repeated will be the top left of the image. The reason that happens is that dynamic array insertion stops after insertion #4096^2. However, anything on 4096^2 and below will work as expected.

Ha, maybe I have an explanation :
As the size of an array is an integer, but is stored as a float value, it cannot be larger than 2^24 = (2^12)^2, which is the number of bits used to store the numbers of digits.