Reptorian G'MIC Filters

I released new cli command called rep_equi2cube into the same pull request as the extended version of TR’s Pixel Sharpener. However, I didn’t make the reverse version yet. After that, I will do gui filter. Here’s the picture using new command (Top is input, bottom is output). As you can see, you can specify the location of top and bottom. It could be extended even further, but it’s not needed.

1 Like

Thank you for the changes. You made use of dynamic gui capabilities in G’MIC :smiley:. I like the angle slider that pops up. The ability to change sharpness at an angle with one or two axis is more useful than I had previously thought. (I copied it from github for now)

1 Like

Might write some unruly code but @Reptorian is the real deal. :biking_man::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Looks like I really made a bad mistake on the rep_equi2cube command. I will have to fix the seam issue on the top and bottom faces. I’ll update that. It’s not hard to fix though. I just have to replace y>edge with y>=edge. Or maybe the seam is everywhere, we’ll see what happens from there.

@iarga The upgrade will come without the need to copy and paste from github tommorow. Pull Request been accepted.

@afre I just started using the cli version of gmic, I can see why you prefer it at times. It’s easier to work with much bigger files whereas with it would be a big pain in the arse when using graphic softwares. I tested my rep_equi2cube on a 16k starmap for modding a game to test its real world viability. What I don’t like is having to do n 0,255 or n 0,1 before export :/. I would like to see the numbers. I can do that with error code though.

CLI is easier because you aren’t encumbered by another app’s rules, meaning shorter more concise code.

Sometimes, I wish there was an easier way to browse values. There is display_array but I wish there was an in console method.

BTW, @David_Tschumperle, da behaves kind of oddly compared to when I last checked, which was a long time ago. A Windows problem? I won’t describe it; just take a look.

What is odd with da ? This seems to work fine here.

I just had released Glass Vignette in a pull request. Also, fixed equi2cube.

Can you create an organic fractal generator like Mandebulb 3D or Apophysis
for example

It’s possible, but on the level of those programs, it would take me months to do so. So, probably no. There is Thorn Fractal though.

Something like this ?

http://paulbourke.net/fractals/thorn/

Yes, like that, but extended. Testing → Reptorian → Thorn Fractal / Secant Sea

1 Like

Those look like there were passed through two stages of generators respectively. What I mean by that is that sub-patterns are placed within a master-pattern, like a more sophisticated version of montage. Maybe this is a hint toward a G’MIC filter. :wink:

1 Like

This is very beautiful. I’ve already in for 30 minutes testing every variable. And it’s very fast to compute.

3 Likes

Is it possible to add recursions to some depth on that Thorn Fractal formulas?

That means adding another for loop. Easy, however I may do that at another time. Haven’t slept well for the past 2 days.

Mini exercise, what does this do?

mw=0
mh=0
size1=0
size2=1
nextterm=0
ti=$!
repeat $!
if w#$>>$mw mw={w#$>} fi
if h#$>>$mh mh={h#$>} fi
done
do
if $nextterm $nextterm,$nextterm,1,1,$nextterm fi
size1={$size2}
size2={$nextterm}
nextterm={$size1+$size2}
while !(($nextterm>$mw)&&($nextterm>$mh))
$nextterm,$nextterm,1,1,$nextterm
ci=0
switch=0
do
if $ci%2
if floor($switch/2)%2 rv[$ti,{$ti+1}] fi
a[$ti,{$ti+1}] x
else
if floor($switch/2)%2  rv[$ti,{$ti+1}] fi
a[$ti,{$ti+1}] y
fi
ci+=1
switch+=1
while $!!=$ti+1
k.

How do I execute this ?

Copy and paste to code local or code global.

Golden spiral pattern ?

Yep. It’s based off the idea of Fibonacci Fill for Paint.NET. I extended it to allow to apply the effect to multiple layers and disabling switch cases for a non-spiral version of Fibonacci Fill. As I have made pal command, I can add 200+ palettes to it.