resetting Rawtherapee defaults

I seem to have done something that causes Rawtherapee to take all my Canon RAW files and apply a default processing that makes them look all look drab, colorless, pale, etc.

No doubt I pushed some wrong button somewhere. Is there any way to just entirely reset Rawtherapee to be just as it was when it was first installed ?

The small images in the filmstrip browser part are fine, at least until I click on them. Then they are drab in the big window, and become drab in the filmstrip view too, after I have clicked on them.

And regrettably, the .jpg processed versions are drab and pale looking too.

I just want to 100% reset the software. Get rid of any default processing that I modified.

@djm welcome in the raw photo editing and color management world :crazy_face:

• Until you click on a raw file, the thumnails display the jpg embedded in the raw file.

• When you click on a thumbnail, a default processing profile is used to initially process the raw: you will benefit to read Sidecar Files - Processing Profiles - RawPedia

• It seems you chose as a default processing profile the neutral profile, then all functions are disabled giving this dull image. That is normal. read Preferences - RawPedia

• verify in preferences what is your default processing profile see Preferences - RawPedia

Now you can completely reset all the setting you did but that is not really needed as you broke nothing:

To have a good start I would recommend:

2 Likes

Thanks very much.