Resize crop borders need more wider - how to?

difficult to resize cropping areas with mouse dragging the borders - catching thin border very difficult

where i can set it more wider in source code?

thanks!

@skyrail: I don’t understand stenography. Can you please rephrase your question?

difficult to resize cropping areas with mouse dragging the borders - catching border is very thin, so it is difficult to catch

where can i set wider borders in source code of RawTherapee and recompiling program?

@skyrail Which version of RawTherapee do you use? And what’s your screen resolution?

Ingo

screen res 1920x1200

and liitle question more on another theme:
why i can not Copy\Paste in Partial mode for Contrast settings?

thanks a lot!

@skyrail Can you please post the content of your ‘AboutThisBuild.txt’ ?
Edit: It’s late night here. I’ll have a look at you answer in some hours.

Ingo

Branch: gtk3
Version: 4.2.699
Changeset: 3c016c41e3654cf098947057383afa2158948a7a
Compiler: gcc 5.3.0
Processor: generic x86
System: Windows
Bit depth: 64 bits
Gtkmm: V3.18.0
Build type: release
Build flags: -m64 -mwin32 -mthreads -std=gnu++11 -mtune=generic -Werror=unused-label -fopenmp -Werror=unknown-pragmas -msse -msse2 -mwindows -fopenmp -Wno-aggressive-loop-optimizations -DNDEBUG -O3
Link flags: -m64 -mwin32 -mthreads -static-libgcc -mtune=generic -mwindows -s -O3
OpenMP support: ON
MMAP support: ON

thank you!
i’m waiting )

@skyrail Can you please try the new version Sébastien linked here

ok!

i think it has become better, but i am not sure ))
may be it just seems to me

despite this,
i think the catching borders should be wider twice, hope for your help ) thank you!

Branch: gtk3
Version: 4.2.849
Changeset: f0679e8eee6fc1a7ae8c4ba34a7d84793bf63790
Compiler: gcc 5.3.0
Processor: generic x86
System: Windows
Bit depth: 64 bits
Gtkmm: V3.18.0
Build type: release
Build flags: -m64 -mwin32 -mthreads -std=gnu++11 -mtune=generic -Werror=unused-label -fopenmp -Werror=unknown-pragmas -msse -msse2 -mwindows -fopenmp -Wno-aggressive-loop-optimizations -DNDEBUG -O3
Link flags: -m64 -mwin32 -mthreads -static-libgcc -mtune=generic -mwindows -s -O3
OpenMP support: ON
MMAP support: ON

This works for me in 4.2.1:

Configure screen as shown.
Click “Fit to screen” button.
Remove tick from “Lock ratio”.
Drag borders or use “Width”, “Height” setting to adjust crop.

@skyrail Now I understand your problem :slight_smile: The size of the border depends on zoom factor. At > 600% it’s impossible to resize the crop at all. If you want to try a different size, search in rtgui/cropwindow.cc for CropWindow::onArea
But the I would prefer to open an issue

After zooming to 600% then dragging image to view a corner I can grab the border. IIUYC :wink:

@parallax Yes, at 600% it works. But not at 700% or 800%. That’s why I wrote > 600% above.

@heckflosse
I misunderstood. Yes, the border cannot be grabbed above 600%. Only Width and Height fields work for me above 600%.

hm… sorry for my bad english!

i was not zoom fotos, i’m simply working with fit all area of image

in screenshot:
i can not capture mouse cursor type to you, when capturing program start, cursor hide, but, it must be “resizing” type on borders with fade and normal - see red arrows (two vertical lines with two arrows)

i want, to wider area in about twice of current width, where cursor have “resizing” type )) - difficult to catch borders for resize with mouse

i was opened an issue https://github.com/Beep6581/RawTherapee/issues/3205

it’s fantastic! thank you very much! i love RT really ))

one thought - when i try to select borders in area “out of the image” - it does no select outter borders

ex.
if you try select in photoshop in area “out of the image” - you selected maximum borders of image - it’s very comfortably

p/s/ if you do not understand what about i say - write me