Resynthesizer for Apple M1

GIMP 2.10.34 is NOT recognising or reading the Resynthesizer Plugin on my macOS Ventura 13.2.1. I followed every instructions and when I checked: Filters > Enhance, it never appeared.

Is there supposed to be something under Filters, called a Resynthesizer Plugin Registry?

Can anyone help? Thanks very much!

Are the resynthesize binary and the plugin-heal-* python scripts flagged as executable?

Additionally macOS got very much into “security”, in recent years, which mostly means blocking by default anything which isn’t signed, notarized or whatnot.

On the plug-in section of the developer website, we published a page about this: GIMP Developer - How to create a C or C++ plugin that will work on MacOS and workarounds

Note that this is noted to be about C/C++ — or other compiled languages — plug-ins, so maybe this is actually irrelevant for this specific case (Python). I’m not sure and I don’t use macOS so I can’t verify. But I still thought this link might be of interest, just in case. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Might be a bit resource hoggish, but your best bet is to use Virtualbox or some other virtualization system and install Linux and run GIMP in the VM. That way, you can get every plugin desired to actually work. A lot more support as well. :slight_smile: