reusing darks/flats etc

Sorry this may have been asked before or documented some place. I am not able to find it.

I have darks, flats, dark flats that I want to reuse. Is there a way to specify the location of those and link it in my current lights? I use the OSC preprocessing script.

to clarify,

I created symbolic directory link for my darks. in windows CMD I could cd to those and see files. But OSC processing script fails. Not sure what the issue is.

I am using windows 10 and developer mode is also on.

I modified existing script to use the stacked/flats that already processed to overcome this. Not sure that is the right way.

Yes you just have to change the path of your files and to remove the build of masters. You will have a shorter script.

I do this as well. I create the darks/flats/bias directories in the object home directory and use soft links to the files (located somewhere else). This works with no issues. I use Windows Subsystem for Linux to allow easy use of ln -s …/…/other/darks/dark1.fits ./darks/ (as an example).

This works for Linux and for some reason it did not work for me in windows 10. In explorer I could the files under the linked directory but Siril script failed to find those. Don’t know why.