RGB Curve.... Bug? DT 3.4

RGB curve … bug?

If I edit the RGB channels individually in the RGB curve, the color mixture changes by creating a handle with ctrl + left mouse. is that normal ?

example

DSC_8411.NEF (24.5 MB) DSC_8411.NEF.xmp (11.6 KB)

This file is licensed Creative Commons, By-Attribution, Share-Alike.

i use DT on Windows 10

This is not Windows specific, just tried it on Linux (Debian buster/10) and see the same shift in colour if creating a point on the curve/line. And it isn’t limited to the red channel.

There is a prerequisite though: This happens when you already made a change in the curve and then create a point on that curve. Creating a point before a change doesn’t create a shift, at least not a visible one.

EDIT: Also visible in latest master (3.5.0+850~g871755abb)

I’m sorry I can’t respond to any of the issues. The puppy is to cute and distracting!

3 Likes

:rofl:

OK…
but why should the color change if there is no change to the curve when the handle is set? that doesn’t make sense to me. :thinking:

I thought my confirmation would be seen as: Yep, this is a bug!. If not: You should.

Might be a good idea to file a bug-report on GitHub, I just checked and there isn’t a open (or closed) one about this issue as of yet. I don’t mind doing it but that will be tomorrow at the earliest.

my english is rather bad … google translate … :no_mouth: :sweat_smile:

@Suki2019 Please, add a license to the image.

Done:

https://github.com/darktable-org/darktable/issues/8024

1 Like

thanks

Thanks, I love that puppy :heart_eyes: you should make a playraw :smiley:

as requested … there are so many more of those small ones … :blush:

have fun

1 Like

Thanks! :smiley: