Rolling distros and dt-bug-reporting

Hey you all,

actually I like my Gentoo a lot, even here and there it is special in being userfriendly :wink:

Especially yesterday, where we had the flip-issue on git-master, that may become tricky, when your own distro downgrades gtk+ from 3.24.5 to 3.25.1 right the same day
(I donā€™t think, without reason).

I am afraid at least one bug report I did and one comment, they are quite likely based on this issue.
(I did my best to double check, that I am sure it is darktableā€™s issueā€¦)

Is that just my very special experience or is now a big bunch of guys laughing out loud and recommending:
Once you have a rolling-update-distro be extra careful with big reporting

@Pascal_Obry
sorry if I kept you extra busy yesterday :blush:
I am afraid, this one can be closed as well After copying history stack, lighttable jumps to pic #1 Ā· Issue #2320 Ā· darktable-org/darktable Ā· GitHub should I just mark it with ā€œsolved:ā€ in the title?

What I said in my last comment to this: Copy history stack, lighttable Ā· Issue #2300 Ā· darktable-org/darktable Ā· GitHub suddenly also disappearedā€¦ so embarrassedā€¦

BTW: I still have a jump to pic #1 issue, when I have the filter to =** in lighttable and I change one or several pics to *** after editing.
But currently I do not dare to report a bug report :blush: :blush:

Cheers
Axel

You should probably close the issues yourself on github and comment as to what you think the origin of your issue is.

Iā€™ll look into it this evening. Currently on the way to the office :wink:
Cheers
Axel

@AxelG that does not seem to be the case - 3.24.5 seems to have been superseded by 3.24.7, thatā€™s all.

3.24.5 seems to have broken combobox scrolling, so itā€™s a good thing they removed it.

@Morgan_Hardwood
Iā€™m on my mobile nowā€¦

In my above initial message there was a typo

My gtx+ definitely downgraded from 3.24.5 to 3.24.1 (Iā€™m mostly on stable, rare packages on ~amd64)

Is o.k., it was a good thing. Just my message was exactly that. I was on .5 when I thought I found bugs

I see the point, when the issue is that big, it is not purely a topic of rolling distros anymoreā€¦

@AxelG: in fact 2320 canā€™t be closed as it has been reproduced and is being tracked down.