RPD fails to load immediately after installation

Hi Folks,

I just downloaded RPD onto my Arch box using “pacman -S rapid-photo-downloader” as root. The box was updated immediately prior to the download. In Gnome the prog failed to start so I typed the name into the CL, including hyphens. What I got back was similar to an earlier thread, Error after installation where the solution was to install an earlier version of PyQt5, but this one mentions something called tenacity, viz:

~]# rapid-photo-downloader

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/bin/rapid-photo-downloader”, line 11, in
load_entry_point(‘rapid-photo-downloader==0.9.17’, ‘gui_scripts’, ‘rapid-photo-downloader’)()
File “/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/init.py”, line 489, in load_entry_point
return get_distribution(dist).load_entry_point(group, name)
File “/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/init.py”, line 2852, in load_entry_point
return ep.load()
File “/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/init.py”, line 2443, in load
return self.resolve()
File “/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/init.py”, line 2449, in resolve
module = import(self.module_name, fromlist=[‘name’], level=0)
File “/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/raphodo/rapid.py”, line 125, in
from raphodo.thumbnaildisplay import (
File “/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/raphodo/thumbnaildisplay.py”, line 70, in
from raphodo.rpdsql import ThumbnailRowsSQL, ThumbnailRow
File “/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/raphodo/rpdsql.py”, line 32, in
from tenacity import retry, stop_after_attempt
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘tenacity’

Can anybody throw any light on this, and how to fix it?

TIA,

Mike

The package has a missing dependency, installing python-tenacity should do the magic.

1 Like

It did! Magic! Much appreciated.

Thanks, Pitbuster. I’m up and running.

1 Like

You could add your vote to this two week old bug report: FS#63468 : [rapid-photo-downloader] Unmet dependecy in 0.9.16-1

1 Like

Damon, I’d love to. But the Arch site mods are being extremely arsey about renewing login details and even failing to send code for new registrations. I haven’t done anything to upset anybody but I’ve totally expended all patience with their set up. If it’s not already documented and showing up in searches I’ve been going elsewhere for Arch info. I’ve given up totally on trying to log in.
Frankly, it’s gone from the best distro site on the planet to what feels like a bunch of tossers throwing their weight around and petty point scoring over the past few years.
If you can still get in, why not see if you can add a link to this thread?
I still love the distro but have no more direct contact. Sorry not to be able to be more positive.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your difficult login experience! There is nothing to add to the bug report. It’s a packaging error, as simple as that.

Well I gave the Arch site one last try. Fortunately, FF remembers old passwords and will print them to screen in plain language. So I’ve got my old login details back and have posted to the bug report, without having to trouble the poor pedantic souls who administer it. Yes, I fully understood the problem as soon as you sent the link to the report.

Hi Damon, got an email from the Arch dev’s today saying the bug report is closed, item fixed. Is the module python-tenacity now included?

I have no idea. I don’t use ArchLinux sorry. Best to check it yourself.

@mike You can check yourself in the package page

It’s not that urgent. To me, anyway. I’ll just wait and see if pacman reports any duplicates at the next update. I update Arch weekly. The reason for using Arch is that software is up to date. But not if the user doesn’t update regularly.

I was pleased to see the person responsible for updating the package has actually done something in response to our nudges, though.