RT 5.10 is saving images at 96dpi vs 300dpi.

Why does RT 5.10 save my jpegs at 96dpi instead of 300dpi like previous versions did? Can it be changed?

A quick search provides the following results:

Also, moved the post to category Software / RawTherapee:

Hello David, I think your are using the option “Fast export” from the file browser. That gives small images, but it is fast. What happens when you open a photo and say “Save image”?

I think the parameter “dpi” should be removed from all photo processing software… :laughing:

6 Likes

Hello Paul,
Thank you. I started with RT 5.8 about 2 1/2 years ago. Haven’t changed any of my work flow. When I finish editing, I click clean the save button, a window opens allowing me to name the image, then I click “Ok”. My image saves to the same folder as all previous images have been that were processed in 5.8 and 5.9. I have read through Rawpedia, checked every setting I can find in RT, without any success.

Using Exiftool you can easily change the DPI entry of the EXIF data to any value you wish. Without changing anything of your image data.

Most probably the image dimensions, in pixels, real data, are the same as before. The dpi value is just metadata, comment.

Check these two

2 Likes