RT abends in L*a*b* curves - Bug or just my installation?

Version: 5.8-2995-g166538d
Xubuntu 18.04

I’ve not yet filed a bug report but will, particularly if others have seen it. This has happened three or four times while adjusting Lab* equalizer curves (LH, CH, etc.). I’ll add a node by Ctrl+clicking the preview, start to make an adjustment by moving the mouse up or down and poof, RT vanishes.

It doesn’t happen every time by any means so I won’t swear to it, but it may (?) be when I push the adjustment to (“beyond”) the limit. Often I’ll push an adjustment to an unreasonable level initially just to see exactly what it’s doing, then pull it way back to a lower useful level. RT has crashed a couple of times when I’ve done that, but I can’t absolutely confirm that pattern every time.

Anyone else seen this?

Thanks.

5.8-3051-g7a5c95ce3 works for me on Linux Debian Bullseye, built from source. I use L* a* b* adjustments from exposure tab, quite often, same procedure as you describe. I have not encountered any crashes, due to this.

Version: 5.8-3051-g7a5c95ce3
Branch: dev
Commit: 7a5c95ce3
Commit date: 2021-10-27
Compiler: cc 10.2.1
Processor: x86_64
System: Linux
Bit depth: 64 bits
Gtkmm: V3.24.2
Lensfun: V0.3.2.0
Build type: release
Build flags: -std=c++11 -march=native -Werror=unused-label -Werror=delete-incomplete -fno-math-errno -Wno-attributes -Wall -Wuninitialized -Wcast-qual -Wno-deprecated-declarations -Wno-unused-result -Wunused-macros -fopenmp -Werror=unknown-pragmas -O3 -DNDEBUG -ftree-vectorize
Link flags: -march=native
OpenMP support: ON
MMAP support: ON
Build OS: Linux 5.10.0-9-amd64 x86_64
Build date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 19:44:18 +0000 UTC
Build epoch: 1635363858
Build UUID:

I gave 5.8-2995 a few tries using different RAWs/modules/tools combos and am not able to reproduce this, but then again you did say it doesn’t happen every time. I have not seen this in the very latest (self) build version I use.

This might be a case of a few modules/tools interfering with each other, which makes it a bit harder to tackle.

I’m not sure if you are able to build yourself, as Magnus suggested. If not: there is a newer appimage made by Lawrence you could try, there have been fixed issues after 5.8-2995 came out, yours might be among them.

It is available from here: Pre build AppImage [5.8-3067]. There is one caveat though: You do need to be logged in to GitHub at the moment to get a downloadable link. Do have a look at the PR #6374, this is Work In Progress

I’ve built lots over the years, but haven’t tackled RT’s dependencies yet (maybe after I upgrade Xubuntu One Of These Days). I got that newer appimage and so far, so good.

Thanks!

This should be pretty straightforward though: Linux - RawPedia