RT: EXIF not exported

No copyright info, no GPS or entered location information. I’m in transition from Lightroom to Rawtherapee and so I’m still using Nikon View NX 2 to import my NEF files with all the info embedded into the file plus Geosetter for the GPS info. Lightroom recognises all the data, Rawtherapee does not.
I’m at work here at the moment (10 am Brisbane) I can upload the files for comparison or an NEF file this evening when I get home…

Works fine here

Metadata in exported files on RT 5.8 seems fine to me. The metadata from the raw seemed to match pretty well with that in a RT exported jpg, compressed tiff, and uncompressed tiff.

Metadata test.txt (29.0 KB)

@conphi89 Welcome to the forum! Are you using NX first then RT? Or starting with RT?

Hi afre, I usually import through ViewNX2 for my Nikon files inserting my information i.e copyright during the import process. If I want to insert GPS data I make use of Geosetter. Geosetter does produce an XML sidecar file so maybe this might be the reason Rawtherapee is not reading it…

RT won’t be reading that but it still doesn’t explain why your other tags aren’t there. We’ll find out when you have uploaded your set of images. Go step by step: original NEF, file from NX and files from Geosetter.

1 Like