.rtc curve files

Is there a default location for any curve files created in RT on a Win 10 computer?

Yes it is stored in:
C:\Users[Your user name]\AppData\Local\RawTherapee[may be different if a development version]\profiles

It will be a ‘rtc’ file. You will also need to go to ‘View’ then tick the ‘Hidden items’ box in Windows Explorer to be able to see the AppData folder.

Not the easiest place to find!

1 Like

No problem finding the location on in file explorer Maybe there is a reason why I can’t get to the path in RT 5.8? Also why does RT show the folder as ApplicationData instead of AppData?

The RT root “C” window also shows a file system of an older Windows o/s including Documents and Settings from windows xp days. There is no Documents and Settings or ApplicationData folder in Win 10 and never has been.

Have a look here Svrops.com - Windows Vista Junction Points

That still doesn’t help me to save the .rtc files to my profile folder in appdata/local/rawtherapee within the RT program.

That’s peculiar, it shows up as AppData in my version of RawTherapee but I am using a development version of 5.8 (dev_5.8-2652-g1bd22668f_20201109)

I wonder if RawTherapee is not display hidden folders in your version and if there is some way of changing this?

Interesting., .Can you please send me a link to 2652. I could try it.

I downloaded the Windows Development version from here:

2652 has been replaced by a later incarnation on the GitHub website now…

I am only clutching at straws, somebody with better knowledge might be able to help.

Save the .rtc files to any folder you like. They need to be loaded manually anyway.

1 Like

It’s not that simple. I want to save to the AppData folder and be able to see that folder in the RT program.

The question is what causes this inability to see my folders correctly in RT?

Read File Paths - RawPedia (rawtherapee.com) … each development version has a different path to the profile (to ensure that you can have a development version in parallel to a stable version) … either you choose the zip file and just copy the folder content or you set the environment variable for the path … then you will never loose your profile path when using a nightly build

Okay, but why is it that I’m not able to see my files in the AppData/local/Rawtherapee folder when inside of RT?

The file browser is meant for images (see File Browser - RawPedia (rawtherapee.com)) … and in the settings you define which files should be shown

To load a .rtc you have to click the open button in the curve dialog

Maybe it is time to read the documentation… RawPedia (rawtherapee.com)

Thank you for your help!

I restored the computer to a point before adding any dev builds past 5.8 (original) release and now the file structure within RT is displaying correctly. I added the .rtc extension to the file browser and that is working as well.

First of all, this path is meant for storage of application specific data, not user data. So please reconsider why you actually want to access this path from within RT.
That said, if you enable ‘Show hidden files’ in Windows, the hidden folders (like AppData) will show up in RT as well.

This makes no sense to me. The rtc files cannot be opened from the file browser.

3 Likes

Mike, I know I’m on Mac, but you can make a custom folder for rtc files wherever you like, and list it in the sidebar by navigating to it once and dragging it to the sidebar. I assume you can do this on Windy machines :thinking:

Taking your advise, Andy and Roel, I created a custom folder for my profiles on my data drive.

Andy, not quite sure what you are referring to by sidebar

NO AUDIO!

1 Like

Thanks!