Rubber Plantation & River Lotus

Greetings from Vietnam! I am presently on my 7th trip to southern VN, currently located in Cu Chi, a district in HCMC about one-hour away from Saigon. These are a bit challenging for me to process: satisfied with the results on RawTherapee-metadata-exiv2 but would still like to see a few more perspectives.

latex-iii.CR3 (40.2 MB) latex-iii.pp3 (16.0 KB)                         Creative Commons License
This work entitled Rubber Plantation III by Richard E Barber is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

lotus-iii.CR3 (41.1 MB) lotus-iii.pp3 (14.3 KB)               Creative Commons License
This work entitled Lotus III by Richard E Barber is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

4 Likes

Well, first the lotus. I left the color more like the image from the raw file, so it’s not as dramatically green as yours. I hope it is somewhat accurate. dt 4,4,2

lotus-iii.CR3.xmp (7.7 KB)

2 Likes

Now the rubber plantation. There is a lot of shade in the foreground and a lot of very high energy sky in the background. I probably didn’t spend enough time on this one.

latex-iii.CR3.xmp (9.3 KB)

2 Likes

The forest looks lovely, Tim. Your nice lotus edit kind of shows that I sort of over-enhanced the iridescent slime on the pad.

1 Like

Quick edit … tad strong maybe a good one to try out the harmonies on that Boris is currently sharing on his YT channel…
lotus-iii.CR3.xmp (13.2 KB)

3 Likes

Two renders… perceptual and relative… relative is bit more contrasted…
latex-iii.CR3.xmp (15.8 KB)

I prefer the broader pallette presented in the Relative render. It truly enhances the dimentionality of the orchard rows. The lotus is nice and sharp and not a hint of the relatively copious haze in my version.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing these photographs.
My play in GIMP.

3 Likes

Lovely forest and colours.
I have changed it to a drab sepia though

2 Likes

I did an ‘underexposed’ black and white lily pad. I wanted to get as much as possible detail as I could, out of the leaf

1 Like

My version…

latex-iii.CR3.xmp (16.8 KB)

My crazy version… :see_no_evil:

latex-iii_01.CR3.xmp (19.8 KB)

1 Like

latex-iii.CR3.xmp (10.9 KB)

1 Like

Fun with GIMP

3 Likes