Ruining French fries for Pat

http://www.gocomics.com/bent-objects/2017/11/13

3 Likes

That is just awful. :slight_smile: I think I’m more weirded out by the ketchup packet?

Incidentally, that is what anime productions do to “avoid copyright”: flip or slightly alter logos.

On French national TV, to avoid displaying logos, they often flip the image horizontally. But this is getting ridiculous, because not only we are now a nation of lefties, but you’ll often see someone interviewed with a flipped image logo in the background, while at the bottom of the screen a caption that says “Pat David, founder of Pixls.us” in plain text.

Speaking of weird, I won"t post today’s picture because it is slighty NSFW but it really made my day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Actually, I forgot to mention this earlier.

I went to relax on my front porch swing and have a pipe, when out of the corner of my eye something looked off. Peeking through the wooden slats of my swing back, I found this:

Sneaky little one! :wink:
(As an aside, I love these Banana Spiders (orb weavers?)). They get huge around these parts, and when they get agitated they start vibrating their web.

So @patdavid, do you actually have arachnophobia? Sounds like you don’t…?

1 Like

In Europe we usually keep cats and dogs as pets. Sometimes a sheep.

2 Likes

I actually love spiders (and better their ability to keep pesky bugs and insects in check).
I do have a slight “ick” factor with some of them. For instance, it’d be easier for me to just burn down the house in that photo than have to reach in there and pick it up…

Wow @patdavid, what a comparison. I suppose that is where insurance comes in :wink:.

While we’re on the topic of phobias, I’ve reposted this tweet in a few different places.

This is a friggin fungus, Cordyceps that has infested a fly. W. T. F. :face_vomiting:
(For the literary nerds, this is the same fungus from the zombie book (and movie) The Girl with All the Gifts.

2 Likes

Fascinating… At first sight I was wondering it it where a clever mix of a human skull and a fly head.

I am glad that

Most Cordyceps species are endoparasitoids, parasitic mainly on insects and other arthropods (they are thus entomopathogenic fungi); a few are parasitic on other fungi.

If you know what I mean. Don’t think too much about it though.

BTW, I have eaten them before. In fact, coming full circle, my sister used to eat them like fries as a child :rofl:.

There’s some folk that play with their food; others that are fat. I fit with the latter. lol

:slight_smile: