Scroll bar craziness and Canon EOS R6 Mark II support?

Over the last month or so, I have noticed my lightroom scroll bar occasionally misbehaving.

When it happens, rolling the mouse wheel in either direction scrolls downwards through the photos.
This can happen after a long session, or straight after booting up, I can’t see any obvious trigger.

Restarting DT always cures the problem.

I am running 4.7, recompiling every week or so.

I don’t have enough info to file a bug report, but does anyone else see this behaviour, or have a clue on how to fix it?

And while I’m here, does anyone know if R6 MkII support is coming soon - the warning popup about unsupported cameras gets a bit annoying after a while , , ,

This depends on LibRaw releasing the support for newer camera models.

I had to troubleshoot a scrolling issue awhile back. You mention compiling so if you have any coding experience, you can start by logging scroll values in the code.

In src/dtgtk/thumbtable.c, you can put some logging in the _event_scroll(...) function.
That function calls dt_gui_get_scroll_unit_delta(...) so you may also want to put some logging in that function as well.

Is its support in DT that bad? From what I saw here [Questions] How to choose a DCP profile (if at all) - #41 by priort, apart from the warning you mentioned, it’s OK-ish. Perhaps there’s a setting to silence this warning? I currently use RT 5.10 for mine and apart from the fact that I’ll need to upgrade to get this fix instead of stealing white balance values from ART, it’s already good enough for my (arguably basic) usage.

dt is using the same library that rt is taking the information from.

Support in DT for the EOS R6 MkII seems to be OK, in that a White Balance is reported to be “successfully extracted” , and having processed about 1000 pictures so far, I haven’t noticed anything unusually bad.

If there is a setting to silence the warning, I haven’t found it yet.

Not quite (at least not yet). RT is still (as of 5.10) using the internal/legacy “dcraw” implementation for decoding CR3s w/ manually supplied input color matrix and crop. dt relies on both the decoding and the input matrix and crop coming from LibRaw directly for CR3s.

If you click the link: Read camera white balance for Canon EOS R6m2, R7, and more by Lawrence37 · Pull Request #6983 · Beep6581/RawTherapee · GitHub you’ll see they are pulling information from libraw.

Correct. Pulling, as in taking some code snippets. Which is not the same as using the actual library abstractly through an API to do all the work. (That seems to be planned though, but it’s not the case yet.)