Seestar .fit + Siril = problem running script

Hello, everyone. I am completely new to post processing but was watching some videos on how to use Siril with the Seestar S50 .fit files and decided to give it a go.

After installing Siril, I set up the lights folder on the home directory and tried to run the OSC_Preprocessing_WithoutDBF script, but it stopped at the “No sequence ‘light’ found” warning.

However, the script have successfully created a light_00001.fit file on the process folder, that is why I am not understanding the error message.

Anyone has any idea of what may I be doing wrong?

I am also not sure if the error “This command is deprecated: calibrate should be used instead” error is significant, since I edited the script to run the “calibrate” command instead of “preprocess” but the “No sequence ‘light’ found” occurred again.

I should also point out that I am deleting the “process” folder each time I try to re-run the script, so it can restart from the ground.

Would really appreciate any suggestions, since I am really lost right now.

Thanks!

11:59:47: Starting script C:\Program Files\Siril\scripts\OSC_Preprocessing_WithoutDBF.ssf
11:59:47: ############################################
11:59:47: # Script for Siril 1.0
11:59:47: # August 2020
11:59:47: # (C) Cyril Richard / Colmic
11:59:47: # OSC_Preprocessing_WithoutDBF v1.0
11:59:47: #
11:59:47: ########### PREPROCESSING SCRIPT ###########
11:59:47: # Script for color camera preprocessing
11:59:47: # needs 1 set of RAW images in the working
11:59:47: # directory, within 1 directory:
11:59:47: # lights
11:59:47: #
11:59:47: ############################################
11:59:47: Running command: requires
11:59:47: #preprocess lights
11:59:47: Running command: cd
11:59:47: Setting CWD (Current Working Directory) to ‘E:\Astrofotografia\00_para_editar\M33_IRCUT\lights’
11:59:47: Running command: convert
11:59:47: Convert: processing 1 file…
11:59:47: You should enable the Developer Mode in order to create symbolic links instead of simply copying files.
11:59:47: Reading FITS: file Stacked_M 33_10.0s_IRCUT_20231108-213848.fit, 3 layer(s), 1080x1920 pixels, 16 bits
11:59:47: Number of images allowed in the write queue: 49 (zero or less is unlimited)
11:59:47: Saving FITS: file …/process\light_00001.fit, 3 layer(s), 1080x1920 pixels, 16 bits
11:59:47: Conversion succeeded, 1 file(s) created for 1 input file(s) (1 image(s) converted, 0 failed)
11:59:47: Running command: cd
11:59:47: Setting CWD (Current Working Directory) to ‘E:\Astrofotografia\00_para_editar\M33_IRCUT\process’
11:59:47: Running command: preprocess
11:59:47: This command is deprecated: calibrate should be used instead.
11:59:47: Checking sequences in the directory: E:\Astrofotografia\00_para_editar\M33_IRCUT\process.
11:59:47: No sequence `light’ found.
11:59:47: Error in line 21 (‘preprocess’): invalid input sequence.
11:59:47: Exiting batch processing.
11:59:47: Setting CWD (Current Working Directory) to ‘E:\Astrofotografia\00_para_editar\M33_IRCUT’
11:59:47: Script execution failed.

Hello, if you are trying to post process your image, that’s not the way to do it. You don’t need scripts, you don’t need folders. Just open the image in Siril.
If you follow this tutorial, start at stage 3: Siril - Full image processing (pre-processed with scripts)

Thanks for the reply and the link.

As per my understanding of the tutorials (and I may be completely wrong), the first step is the pre-processing (for which I am trying to use the script), then the image will be ready for the actual processing.

I will try to start from the third step of the link you provided, but I still would like to understand the error on the script.

Thanks again!

Hello Tiago,

But is there a Light.seq file somewhere ?
I did not read carefully, but then I realize you are trying to pre-process one single image which, but I may be wrong, makes no sense.
The goal is to stack as many images as possible to increase the s/n ratio.
If there is one single file, preprocessing becomes useless, just post-process it with PS, The Gimp or whatever sw you are accustomed to.
Rgrds,

1 Like

By preprocessing Siril means all the phases needed for, and including stacking. Thus, it is assumed that files (more than one) are to be processed. Essentially your error tells you only one file was found.

After preprocessing comes post-processing (color calibration, stretching, etc.), which can be done, or is usually done to a single file, e.g. according to the instructions given to you.

1 Like

I’ve used Seestar images recently, it’s possible to get the calibrated FITS for each exposure, so instead of using the default script, users can either use a script that does not do the calibration step, or simply do manually the registration and stacking of their images, which I recommend because there are many images to remove to get a good result.

The tracking of the Seestar is very bad, some images will have star trails instead of fixed stars, they should be removed by filtering out the images with the worst star roundness at, or after, the registration step. See the documentation on this matter.

With that, the results will be of decent quality for the device, better than what is provided by their current application.

Hello. We now have a new SeeStar script for preprocessing: