Shooting into the sun

The only issue with the second one is color noise. I set out with the third edit just to remove it and then tweaked a few more things you if you like #2 my only change would be to add the chroma preset in denoise profiled and then leave it alone…shooting that type of stuff it is nice to have an ND filter so you can bump up the exposure in the shadows or do some bracketing to help with the dynamic range. Post processing is very powerful these days but nothing beats having a better starting point…thanks for sharing your image…

darktable 3.4
_MG_0185.CR2.xmp (9,3 Ko)

Just edit your top post and add a sentence like:

I’m releasing this image under the Creative Commons <insert your flavor here> License.

You can find the different flavors at Licenses List | Creative Commons and as can see you have the choice between different (non-) restrictions like:

• CC-0 : “in the public domain” / “do whatever you want”
  • BY (Attribution)
  • SA (Share Alike)
  • NC (Non-Commercial)

The “ND” (No derivatives) restriction isn’t really suitable for play-raws, because you are actually encouraging people to edit the image.

Bonus-points, if you also link to the specific license. :wink:

Shared under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) license.

https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/

1 Like

Sorry being nitpicking ;-))

Could you pls edit your initial post and place that licensing there next to your picture.

@AxelG - Sorry to be really dumb, but I can’t actually figure out how to edit my initial post :slight_smile:

At the bottom of the post there should be a pencil. Click on it.

@pll: At the bottom of your first post there’s a pencil icon. Click on it and you are in edit mode.

LOL, I’m too slow…

Guys, I feel really stupid. But I’m not seeing the pencil on my initial post.

I see pencils on every other reply/follow-up to this post, but I’m not seeing it on my initial post. Clearly I’m doing something wrong…

If I look at the screenshot you posted I miss 2 pencil icons: The one next to the topic title and the one in the 1 … flag … delete reply line.

Here’s one of my entries as a reference:

Look next to B&W (title) and left of the triple dots (near bottom).

You do seem to be logged in (your avatar at top right is visible).

I do know that there is a cut-off time after which you cannot change anything any longer, but I thought it to be longer then 8 days.

Maybe @paperdigits can clear this up.

That’s really strange. There should be a pencil icon next to the “link”, which is clearly not there in your second screenshot.

Actually in the only topic, that I ever created (also a play_raw), I can’t edit the posts either, though that was last September and maybe that thread is too old now.

I can edit my posts in this thread, though.
:thinking:

Oliver

1 Like

Is that, because @pll hast still too fresh user status?

I hope @patdavid or @paperdigits have some good ideas :slight_smile:

1 Like

I doubt that, @pll signed up 25 Oct '19. I’ve been here a shorter time: 8 Feb '20 :wink:

Good question. I have ideas, rarely are they any good.
There might be a timer for editing (or user status). I’ll try bumping his account to a normal user and see if it shows up. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your best idea was pixl.us, followed by joining lgm in London, followed by joining lgm in Saarbrücken :wink:
I will never forget lgm in London :slight_smile:

1 Like

I believe it is a combination of being the first post, being a newer user, and discourse locking posts after a certain amount of time

2 Likes

Wysyłanie: _MG_0185-SNS–HDR Lite_Default-LAB.jpg

SNS-HDR Lite 2.7.2 =>GIMP => LAB

3 Likes

@Zbyma72age - This is amazing! Can you explain what you did for this image?

Thanks!

Shooting into the sun_MG_0185.CR2.xmp (11.0 KB)

1 Like

_MG_0185.CR2.xmp (14.4 KB)