Should the mask not be visible in RT when I turn Show mask on?

I am using this dev version of RT:
RawTherapee_dev_5.8-2945-g36f1300a6_20210523_win64

Please look at the attached screen copy. Show mask is turned on and shows up in the navigation window - but not in the editing area. If I shift from Fit to screen to 1:1 the yellow mask turns on momentarily, and does the same in the opposite direction.

Should the mask not be massively yellow in the editing area when the curve has still not been touched?

DxDiag.txt (91.7 KB)

Best,
Eigil

If you have the highlight warning indicator on (which you do in the above image) then the mask will not show. All turns black.

Not sure if this is a bug or by design but this has been the case for as long as I use RawTherapee.

Thank you, Jacques.
I always edit with the highlight indicator on, so I would never have found out. Should have thought about the connection though.
Best,
Eigil

1 Like

You’re welcome!

Just a heads-up about that: When you use the Preview sharpening contrast mask it will automatically disable both the shadow and highlight indicators. It will not, however, turn them back on when you disable it again.

I do use that one regularly when using the Capture sharpening and the Sharpening modules. Not sure about you , but just though it wise to mention it.