shrunken workspace (mac)

Sometimes finding & trashing the “plist” (property list) associated with a Mac OS app can make the program in question start from scratch default settings. Actually, you can just move that file to your desktop and restart the app - that way, if it doesn’t help, at least you’ll still be able to move it back and reclaim your preference properties again without starting over as a fresh install.

HTH

it looks like an issue with using uhd displays. here is a link that explains the situations.
https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-us/000125427/issues-when-using-uhd-4k-x-2k-and-uhd-5k-x-3k-displays

Now where you may have to make this adjustment on your mac is an issue. Check your display settings and see if there is a setting similar to what is mentioned in the article.

The other place to look will be in RT itself and check how it handle uhd displays.

OK. This was very helpful. It seems like it is a display issue, so I hooked my laptop up to an external display of older vintage and voila! It looks normal. So the problem is only when I am trying to work on my laptop display, which I would like to be able to do, but it is not the way I normally work when at home (I am traveling at present).

Maybe 5.9 will include a way for RT to talk to UHDs. Thank you, thank you all for the help in getting this resolved or at least worked around. SN

Ok nex thing to try… I fired up RT on my system, and in version 5.8 in the general tab in setting there is a box to check that has pseudo HiDPI mode. Have you tried that yet?

Thanks. Just tried it, but it doesn’t seem to have an effect, even after restart.

One thing I just realized as well: the image of the workspace I have (when on the laptop screen, not hooked up to the monitor) does not respond when I click on it. To get to the general tab I had to go back to the external monitor because the settings icon did not respond on the laptop screen. It’s like it is an image of the workspace but not a real one. So this may go beyond the size issue!