Sigma SD Quattro RAW .x3f support

I understand .x3f files for the SD15 are supported by the current version of RT. Are there any plans of supporting the current crop of Sigma cameras?

do libraw and/or rawspeed support them? if so, I can have a look and see if we can “steal” the code

@agriggio we need a more sustainable way forward… Supersede dcraw with actively maintained raw decoding engine · Issue #4462 · Beep6581/RawTherapee · GitHub

@Morgan_Hardwood good point, thanks.

Many thanks I should also say that the camera supports a sfd mode (super fine detail) which takes 7 pictures and stacks them a la hdr.

This post was never really answered, will RT ever support current Sigma .x3f file format?

Just wondering…

Well, I won’t be able to say ‘never’, but for sure not for the next release (5.5)

What is the latest on this topic? I believe ART supports some X3F but not SD Quattro. Although Libraw as in 020.2 should support it.

I read something about X3FTOOLS during build or so. (I did use X3FTOOLS in some other context and it can certainly handle SDQ files)

Would be really great to have ART doing SDQ. Sigma PhotoPro is slow and rather terrible. Affinity is amazing, I don’t really use that as a RAW developer though.

https://www.libraw.org/node/2657