Simple Zoom / Write / Render

I rendered a little and simple zoom on an picture. (to keypoints and a transform).
but the mov. file i wrote / rendered out of it, is just showing a close up / detail zoom from
the picture, without showing the whole picture.
When i check it in the transformation, it looks right.
Probably the mistake is on the zoom adjustments or in the write settings.
As i’m super new to this program i don’t have any clue. Do you have an idea?

Thanks for any help :slight_smile: !

It’s hard to help you with so few details. Please post the ntp file

Thanks for your reply first of all !

Yeah, sorry, i didn’t knew what to share. I can’t difference the details of the data.

Attached i share the ntp file and as well the picture i used.

In the following link you’ll find the render mov. and a screen capture mov. of how it should look.
(I share it via my professional and certified wetransfer account, so no worries.)

Warmly,
Simon :slight_smile:

1_Glaciers_Heaven.ntp (42.3 KB)

The writer node is set to write 1080x1920 video (which is the project format), but the viewer displays the current format, which is 3543x6299.

Simply insert a “Reformat” node after the Transform (by default it will reformat to the project format), and you’re good:

thank you so much : )

Bildschirmfoto 2022-01-29 um 12.24.13

one question according this menu view.
i can’t find this camera view / picture with 3543x6299,
it’s not shown in my menu yet

and if i might ask a little additional question: can you tell me where i set the timing and the speed for a video?

i haven’t understand the role of the frame rate and the frame range,
when it comes to speed.

in my render it’s looking like it first starts quick and than slows down.
1_Glaciers_Heaven_001.ntp (48.6 KB)

Natron works on frame sequences, the frame-rate is the rate at which your sequence will be played back at. If you select 24FPS it will attempt to play back at 24 frames per second.

When writing out frame sequences from Natron, the program will write every frame that you tell it to. Individual frames have no concept of time, they’re just still images. When writing out a video in Natron you can select the desired FPS in the Encoder Options section of the write node. For almost all purposes this should likely be the same as your project frame rate.

If you wish to say, speed up a frame sequence shot at 24FPS to play at 2x speed you have two options. My preferred option is the retime node where you can simply select the desired speed. If we have a sequence that is shot at 24 FPS and contains 24 frames (one second long) that sequence will now contain 12 frames and still play back at 24 FPS.

Alternatively, you can increase your project’s frame rate to 48 FPS and keep all 24 of your existing frames as long as you export it in the end (from either Natron or your editing program of choice) as a 48 FPS video file. This method is more of a project-specific choice than a shot specific choice and is not really a viable option unless you wanted a 48 FPS video in the beginning — maybe most of your footage was shot at that frame rate and some shots were shot at half speed (24 FPS in this case) but you intended for them to be played back at full 48 FPS… Pretty specific use case.

While I haven’t checked out your project file, from what you’ve posted it sounds like you may just need to adjust the positioning of your keyframes, not the frame rate of your footage or project. Select the node that performs the operation that is moving at the wrong speed and open the Dope Sheet tab. Drag the keyframes that you wish to move to where you wish to move them.

The “project format” is the format of your project outputs. Do you want to write a video which is 3543x6299? If yes, you can add a format to this list.

As for the output fps, this is something you set at the beginning. Since all keyframes are positioned using frame numbers, not timestamps, setting it to 60fps will accelerate everything. You can either move the keyframes in time, or use a “retime” node to slow down everythibg. It won’t interpolate between the input frames, but it will interpolate motion (i think you used transform nodes in this project)