Siril 1.0.3

Before the month of June comes to an end, we had to release a new version in order to keep the cruising rhythm started after the release of version 1.0. Downloads # Siril 1.0.3 is distributed for the 3 most common platforms (Windows, MacOS, GNU / Linux). Check out the downloads page. But of course, as Siril is a free software, you can build from the sources, available through the installation page.
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://siril.org/download/2022-06-28-siril-1.0.3/
2 Likes

OSC_Preprocessing.ssf error
“The script you are executing requires a newer version of Siril to run (1.1.0), aborting.”

Can not run the script. I changed the required line in the script to 1.0.0

You probably uses wrong scripts.

You need to use the ones provided with the 1.0.3.

This is the best way to have scripts that fail.

Originally the script had “requires 0.99.4”
After I upgraded Siril to 1.0.3 the script has “requires 1.1.0”

If the upgrade is only to 1.0.3 and the script has “requires 1.1.0” it will not run because Siril is not at version 1.1.0 yet. scripts/OSC_Preprocessing.ssf · master · FA / Siril · GitLab

I tried to look through the Siril Github repository to see which line of code is used to check the version of Siril but could not find it.

Yes changing the the line “requires 1.1.0” or similar line in any program can cause issues, but in this case changing this line to 1.0.0 temporarily fixed the issue.

No scripts in 1.0.3 need 1.1.0 as you can see here: scripts · 1.0.3 · FA / Siril · GitLab

So you got scripts from another way but not with the official package. And if you really use the 1.0.3, a lot of commands in the scripts won’t work.

I do have two folders I store scripts. The second folder is modified version of the standard scripts. The installer updated my modified version of the OSC script I use. For me this was an unexpected result of running the installer. The second folder was synced with the master branch and not the 1.0.3 branch, but there is no .git folder in my second Siril script folder that would instruct Git to sync with the master branch.

I have the official scripts, but don’t know why the installer synced with the master branch to my second script folder. I don’t want my custom scripts to get updated again. This might be a Gitlab sync issue and not an issue with Siril, but what lines of code in the installer might trigger a Git pull or similar action to sync with the master branch instead of v1.0.3?

Hi, None. There is no pulling scripts though git involved in the installer script (I’m assuming Windows), see there: build/windows/installer/siril64.iss · 1.0 · FA / Siril · GitLab
We just copy the ones present in the branch being built (1.0 for v1.0.3) to C:\Program Files\SiriL\scripts

Cheers
C.

Thanks for the info. Definitely something I did, but I don’t know what I did. I will rename my modified scripts and rerun the installer to see if it happens again.
Once again thank you for your help.
Daniel

Good work and a big thanks to the Siril team. GHT works a charm. On the left is using asinh, histogram stretch and on the right is using GHT.

2 Likes