I have recently started using SIRIL and it has worked extremely well till now. I am using Sirilic for multisession pre-processing which also works well.
I use it manually.
Now, I have a problem for the first time
- I have a sequence of 796 images over 3 sessions. They have been pre-processed in Sirilic without any problem
- This is the largest sequence till date - max so far has been under 200
- Some of the images (about 150) have significant star movement.
- Registration with single star alignment works fine (with follow star movement), but the stacking results are poor ( in this case only, it works fine with other data sets). So I went back to Global Alignment.
- Global alignment does not work. It processes without problems about 75-80% of the way and then freezes. After this, Siril stops responding. I then have to reboot the system.
- It does not stop at a specific file. Sometimes it is 691 (as in screenshot), sometimes 192, etc etc.
- The specific file it stops at is okay when opened individually in Siril.
- Note that the same set of files processes fine in DSS.
The system is quite adequate.
Win 10 x64
i5, 12GB RAM, SSD