Siril for Android

I recently found that SVBony SV105 can be used directly on Android.

I wonder if it is possible to build non-ui version of Siril (command line only) on Android so it would be possible to handle the images or even do some live-stacking scripts?

For now, even the command line version need to be complied with GTK.

Therefore I don’t think it is possible.

Then siril needs a lot of dependencies that don’t exist on Android.

Hello, I understand that this thread is a few months old, but I have managed to run Siril on Android. My tablet is a Samsung S7. Here are the high-level steps I followed:

1. Installed UserLAnd app from Play Store
  2. Followed the instructions to install a desktop (I used Ubuntu and lxde) here: Getting Started in UserLAnd · CypherpunkArmory/UserLAnd Wiki · GitHub
  3. I created an Ubuntu - vnc (graphic) session
  4. I opened this Ubuntu session and using the LXTerminal I followed the Installing " Ubuntu & Linux Mint" instructions from here: Siril:install - FreeAstro

And it worked. Not the prettiest, not the fastest, but it works. I tried stacking files and Siril managed to generate the stacked results, I’ll share some screenshots in a follow-up post.

I think that if this workaround works, then it should be possible to create an Android-based version of Siril. Given the improved processing capabilities on new tables combined with portability, it would make a good idea to develop this unique option (as far as I’m concerned there are no other professional-grade stacking solutions running on Android) I’d be more than willing to pay for this, I’m sure other users would as well.

1 Like

Actually, since I opened this discussion I’ve been working on live-stacking software for Android:

GitHub - artyom-beilis/OpenLiveStacker: Live Stacker Project - C++ backend and frontend - open-source GPL - you can download APK under releases section

It does live stacking and uses native Android ASI ZWO SDK and USB Video Class driver for cameras like sv105.

It is mostly written in C++ and optimised for performance for low power devices like tablets or smartphones.

2 Likes