Siril outputs a result.fit where it deleted ALL THE STARS.

And try again with Average with rejection? Or still with sum stacking?

First remove all your r_**** files. Then load the previous sequence (the debayerd one).
Then align with selection
Then stack with average

That did it. Thank you very much.

1 Like

Do not hesitate to share you result.

I very much look forward to it, but I have yet another issue before I can do that. Maybe you can help with that, too.

I think I may have messed up my flats, as in they have the opposite effect - they create a heavy white vignette.

So if I were to try this whole process without flats, would it be safe to just skip the step with preparing the flats?

Did you remove the masterbias from every flats before processing the master flat?

I don’t know. I think so. I followed the guide you linked to the letter, honestly only half-understanding most of it.

Easy to see it. If your master file has been built with pp_… files so you did it. If not, you didn’t

Yes, I have a pp_flats_stacked.fit.

After about a dozen attempts, and many, many hours spent trying to get it to work, I eventually decided (in some frustration, admitedly) to call it quits.

I may try it again, maybe next time with some deep sky images. It has done my head in for the last week and I give up. I can’t get anything usable out of Siril.