Site Rebranding?

Anyways I was just trying to poke fun at this guy:

3 Likes

I mean

https://medium.com/re-form/x-to-close-417936dfc0dc

I mean c’mon. This is the worst design I have ever.

Ever.

As far as I know, Twitter is using the unicode 𝕏, I guess depending on the font they used it might look exactly as the new logo. Dunno the legal implications but might be useful info for the conversation.

Edit: I guess Nikon is using â„€, so I don’t know which grounds for argument they have.

1 Like

Completely agree with you. It’s madness wanting to ban an artist’s work merely because of his ideas. Wagner’s been dead for 140 years and as far as I know his pieces were not reflections of his now deemed “morally wrong” ideas.

And even if they were, they shouldn’t be banned. We accept offensive art that goes after certain groups we deem morally wrong, why shouldn’t we also accept art that goes against our beliefs? As long as it’s not outright calling for murder or similar, censorship shouldn’t even be considered.

2 Likes

Interesting. In Israel his music is soft-banned- the sentiment is so negative no live orchestra would dare attempt a performance. There is no govt censorship, but the community refuses to produce it.

I can’t listen to that much Wagner. I start getting the urge to conquer Poland.

(quote from another canceled person)

2 Likes

That is cool I didn’t know those were just unicodes. I wonder if the x org would have a prior claim on the x.

1 Like

Wagner’s music is played from time to time in Israel but is very controversial.

Exactly, and there’s my soulmate.
As dark as it sounds, this period has musical heroism.

Decades ago I played the Requiem (bassoon part) at one of our local Missions here in California. We all donned yellow stars in unity with those musicians.
My favorite is Messiaen’s Quartet for the End of Time

Composed and performed by POWs in POW camp. The clarinet solo movement “Abyss of the Birds” was my focus of study one semester in university.