IMG_1926|

IMG_1927

The redesigned logo:

Ba-dum, tsssssss!

4 Likes

Nice - I love it …

“the zenith of artistic expression”

:grin:

LOL all the credit goes to the author of the article, Chad Gupta (our nickname for ChatGPT).

The text was very lengthy. A later paragraph states:

The transformation from Pixls.us to Z isn’t just a superficial change; it comes with a series of updates and new features for the platform. “Z” will introduce an innovative AI-powered photo editing tool, designed to enhance user experience and streamline post-processing. The platform will also host exclusive virtual workshops and seminars featuring renowned photographers, providing members with opportunities to refine their skills and learn from the best.

\huge{‼️}

1 Like

OK now ask it to write the code and we’ll be set :clown_face:

1 Like

Hmm, not quite the same, but still worrying

7 Likes

In Europe at least, there has been a certain sensitivity to the “Z” for some time. But I don’t think we can let an autocratic regime destroy our alphabet.

4 Likes

Absolutely agree, however I am not sure whether one should be using it in a logo at the moment.

1 Like

“Z”, so sponsored by Nikon I suppose? :wink:

1 Like

I would think twice about using a Z logo right now. But the post above is a satire on the renaming of Twitter to X and is not really meant to lead to a new logo. At least that’s how I understood it.

2 Likes

And, of course, the rebranding is scheduled for April 1, 2024,

1 Like

What struck me initially was that the Nikkor Zed looks exactly like Musk’s X, to the point where Nikon might be tempted to force X to redesign their new logo in court.*

Now, with the Zed over here, in the US, not very many people know about the terrorists’ use of the Zed as a military insignia. Even fewer people know the Wagnerian origin of the Zed… Пригожин’s favorite composer Richard Wagner invented the musical dynamic marking {z} to indicate to a brass player (tubas, trombones, trumpets, horns) to use maximum force during opera performances. To obtain true z dynamics, Wagner actually redesigned some of the instruments to allow forces beyond the already maxed-out fffff (fortissississississimo) seen in the music of his contemporaries.

The mercenary who initially added the symbol to Russian machinery was finally shot and wounded this year. And now since the Группа Вагнера has left the war, Russia’s terrorist prison gang unit has been named the Storm Zed.

Here’s the kicker: Richard Wagner’s music is utter crap. In two weeks from today, Seattle Opera will be putting on Wagner’s Ring cycle- a fifteen hour piece of garbage that takes three days to endure.

So, way over here in the States, it’s just a stupid letter Z. A very stupid letter. Over here we still do Wagner festivals and they are put on by people who literally get PhD’s analyzing Wagner’s garbage output.

(* The Nikkor Zed is a registered trademark here in the US. )

Zebras are very angry with you.

3 Likes

A decade or three ago, there seemed to be a lot of software names EZ-This and EZ-That.

Being a Brit, I completely failed to see any meaning in “ee-zed” this and that.

4 Likes

Yes, I remember the bad ole’ days.

1 Like

I also think it should be banned. And by “utter crap” I am quoting my music history proffs verbatim. Richard Wagner was a rabid anti-semitic racist fanatic who should be utterly forgotten. Prove me wrong.

Wagner’s anti-Semitism

The composer openly articulated his views in a number of publications, most notably Judaism in Music (Das Judentum in der Musik; 1850), in which he identified Jewish musicians as the ultimate source of what he perceived as substanceless music and misplaced values in the arts as a whole.
quote unquote the Encyclopedia Brittanica.

Apologies mods, I shouldn’t have responded to this. Completely off-topic for this forum.

But this is the lounge. No politics here?

If we basically cancel all artists who contradict our contemporary ethics and morals, there won’t be much left. Maybe a few woke contemporaries.

Where do we want to draw the line? Anti-Semitism seems simple. Racism too. But who was not racist 150 years ago? What about sexism? Should we separate work and artist? Difficult questions that I don’t think should be answered easily.

But maybe @epeeist is right, and we should not discuss this on a photography forum.

3 Likes

music history or politics?

You can add misogyny and homophobia to your list. When you do, you eliminate even more composers, going back at least as far as J.S. Bach. Should we also ban writers such as Shakespeare, given his character of Shylock in Merchant of Venice?

I tend towards Salman Rushdie’s attitude:

At Cambridge University I was taught a laudable method of argument: you never personalise, but you have absolutely no respect for people’s opinions. You are never rude to the person, but you can be savagely rude about what the person thinks. That seems to me a crucial distinction: people must be protected from discrimination by virtue of their race, but you cannot ring-fence their ideas. The moment you say that any idea system is sacred, whether it’s a religious belief system or a secular ideology, the moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible.

Would I criticise Wagner’s antisemitism? Absolutely, but this is different to demanding that he be banned because of his beliefs.

EDIT: Just to add, Darwin has often been accused of racism. Should we ban his books, and his theory of evolution because of this?

5 Likes