Slider rectangles (unsharp mask, wavelet contrast) Fluxbox

I’m using fluxbox on my desktop and I can’t move the slider rectangles. I tried switching to pekwm which had the same problem. Awesome wm worked though. DWM on my laptop works fine. Presumably this is a Fluxbox/pekwm issue but anyone got a clue what might be causing it? Neither the “linked” movement or the individual rectangle movement works.

2018-02-15-212441_411x163_scrot

Are you using X11 or Wayland?

I’m using X11

On Ubuntu 16.04, the sliders work but are hardly visible. The line between them is totally invisible. Thanks to this forum post I know now that these are sliders for a curve. Using Gnome desktop here, X11.

Screenshot%20from%202018-06-13%2010-43-54

@Sympa which version of RT? Regardless, there’s no one on the team supporting GTK+ versions older than 3.20. Ubuntu 16.04 uses GTK+ 3.18.9 (released over 2 years ago), while the latest stable is 3.22.30.

RT 5.4. Ubuntu 16.4 LTS will indeed soon be replaced, and I understand that ancient GTK+ versions will not be supported.

I mostly added this to this subject because the strange rendering could have a related cause to the sliders not working at all.

1 Like

Hi,

I’m on GTK+ 3.18 too, and with no intention of upgrading in the near future. So, I’ll do my best to keep this supported for a while… just FYI.

@agriggio @Sympa alternatively, you could try the provided AppImage package from here, which is build against a supported GTK+3 version.

Just download the package, make it executable and run it…