Slideshow program for Windows?

I recently switched from Mac OSX to Windows and the slide show program (Fotomagico) i used on Mac is not available on Windows so I am looking for a new one. I would prefer an Open source program but they seem very rudimentary for making good slide shows. I use darktable for handling my raw files but the slide show is not capable enough for my needs.

I am mainly doing nature and birds so I want to be able (among other things) to control zoom and panning to a specified point in a photo and control text appearing in controlled places. Think of zooming in from an overview to just the head of a bird and the name of it appearing in the end. This seems problematic in many of the programs I looked at this far. I also want to be able to control the transitions length and look, but that seems to be in most programs… Finally I want to be able to export the slide show to a independent format that don’t need the program itself for viewing. This is for sharing the slide shows to other people that don’t have the program.

Please share your experiences…

1 Like

I would like to recommend Kdenlive to you. It is the best free video editor available for Windows. Kdenlive is free and opensource and can do much more than just slideshows, which is definitely an advantage.
https://kdenlive.org/de/

I use PTE AV Studio PTE AV Studio - Photo Slideshow Software - PicturesToExe - WnSoft
Regretfully not FOSS.
I cannot compare with Kdenlive.