Snowdonia, Wales.

with dt3
DSC01074.ARW.xmp (88.4 KB)

4 Likes

Thanks for the play, it was fun! I tried to go for a lord of the rings look (though the weather was probably too nice for that :stuck_out_tongue:) …

DSC01074.ARW.arp (12.7 KB)

5 Likes

Did a Gimpification of my RT based image from my first post.
Used blue and red component masks to add contrast to the respective areas, then some dodging & burning:

@Thomas_Do: Your colors are crazy, but in a good way…reminds me of 70s SciFi paintings. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Photoflow:

DSC01074.pfi (30.7 KB)

3 Likes

You are right. With play raws I like to experiment and try to do edits that are in some way “different”. But with respekt to colors, @afre was much more “crazy” and did a @Joan_Rake1 stil image.

Well, you’ve only gone and summoned me. Let’s have a go!

So for the first one I used the dreamy abstraction G’MIC script (default settings) on a copy of the greyscaled one at the top of the thread and used difference blending to get this. A bit of adjustment with curves and done. The second one involves the neon script (also default settings) on top of all that and then much edgier curves.

3 Likes

↑ Thanks for putting afre_edge to good use.

Now for a subtle minimalist rendition. Zoom 100% and enjoy!
Edit Might add to this workflow later.

1 RT demosaicing (RCD+VNG4), correction (CA, lens), sharpening (capture), exposure (HL blend, -1EV), linear float

2 gmic clip (-ves), gamma, contrast (FFT), sharpen (test), resize, log2, softlight (luminance, orientation)

3 Likes

Version 2 :sunny: Additional steps in bold. Zoom 100% and enjoy!

1 RT same as previous post.

2 gmic clip (-ves), gamma, local contrast (test), contrast (FFT), sharpen (test), resize, log2, softlight (luminance, orientation), gamma, brighten (curve), blend (CLUT dark blues in sunlight)

DSC01074.ARW.xmp (12.8 KB, dt3.1)

1 Like

DSC01074-1.jpg.out.pp3 (11.4 KB)

Lovely scene, thanks…

Snowdonia.ARW.arp (31.8 KB)

@Joan_Rake1
Don’t be tempted to eat any toadstools when walking up Snowdon

Thanks for sharing!

DSC01074.ARW.xmp (16.0 KB) (dt 3.1.0 master branch)

2 Likes

darktable 3.0.0
DSC01074.ARW.xmp (10,0 Ko)

Beautiful landscape, challenging light. Here is my little attempt at balancing a natural look and bringing back some contrast:

2 Likes

RT 5.7

DSC01074.jpg.out.pp3 (12,9 KB)

DSC01074.pfi (35.5 KB)

DT 3.0 Thanks for sharing

DSC01074_01.ARW.xmp (31.4 KB)

Rawtherapee:
Version: 5.7-422-g227c2fbba
Branch: dev
Commit: 227c2fbba
Commit date: 2020-01-24

I’ve moved to a new laptop and I’m not sure sure about my recent processing, I need to find my colour calibration tool.

When checking on my phone, the colours are off the charts in terms of over saturation.

I’ll give this a go with DT too, as I’ve been trying to learn to work with it for ages, but nearly always fall back to RT.

DSC01074.jpg.out.pp3 (11.5 KB)

2 Likes

Here I wanted to evoke an old picture, but without the sepia print toning:

Edited with RT5.7dev (DSC01074.tif.out.pp3 (11.5 KB) )
Then did the toning, downscaling and adding noise in Gimp
Again with RT5.7dev, added the vignette and tweak a bit more the light (DSC01074_2.png.out.pp3 (11.3 KB) )

1 Like