[Solved] Change font size in 'darktable' theme?

Recently I upgraded to darktable RC1 (3.0.0rc1~git11.dc641cdc9) with the new theming possibilities.

I found /usr/share/darktable/themes/darktable.css and made a copy of it for some changes.

For me the font sizes were too big for my full-HD screen. Therefore I searched the CSS for ‘font-size’ and found one rule that changed most of the sizes in the user interface with this result (that tiny fonts are just to highlight the difference):

I would like to decrease the font size of the remaining texts in the red squares. I’ve already searched the CSS for all instances of ‘font-size’ without finding a rule that changes these font sizes.

Any idea what went wrong?

Update: At least I found the corresponding section in the CSS, I am able to chance font color beginning in line 824

#bauhaus-combobox,
#bauhaus-slider
{
  min-height: 0.4em;
	font-size: 0.4em; color:#FF3333;
  background-color: transparent;
}

Hi @pphoto,

What OS are you using?
Would it not be sufficient to set whatever-it-is-called-in-your-OS Display Configuration/Global scale to some suitable value?

Have fun!
Claes in Lund, Sweden

I’m on Ubuntu 18.04. Unfortunately I didn’t find any setting to change DPI for my needs yet. All I can do is scale the screen to 100%, 200% and 400%; but something like 90% should do the trick for me.

Within darktable I finally got the right section after line 283 in darktable.css

Bauhaus controls inherit their font properties from there

With a new rule for a font-size setting like the other fonts I can change the remaining font-sizes.

#lib-plugin-ui,
#iop-plugin-ui
{
margin: 0;
border-radius: 0;
color: @plugin_fg_color;
background-color: @plugin_bg_color;
font-size: 0.9em;
}

You might want to install GNOME Tweaks (package gnome-tweaks). That would allow you to make system-wide changes to the default font sizes and scaling.

I already got this tool, it only scales font size. Moreover, it only creates a mess in the UI of my computer. There are fixed font sizes, then there is a scaling factor.
When I change values every application looks different.