(Solved) Correct syntax to open the Gimp Appimage

Hi,

i’m on Pop OS. I’ve installed RawTherapee via the Pop OS Store. For GIMP i used an appimage. When I pass a picture from rawtherapee to gimp, its not able to find it.
Can anyone tell me the correct syntax for opening an appimage with the external editor setting?

I’ve tried “./home/username/Appimages/GIMP.appimage”
but it doesn’t work.

Thanks.

There’s a dot (.) at the beginning of your example, it should not be there.

So, make sure that External command → Custom Command Line is ticked in the preferences and set the full path. Assuming your example that should be:

/home/<username>/Appimages/GIMP.appimage

Also: The appimage must be executable so make sure it is. If it is not run the following from a terminal (or use your File Manager of choice to do this):

chmod 550 /home/<username>/Appimages/GIMP.appimage

You should be good to go after this.

EDIT: BTW, welcome to pixls!

I don’t think you will get it working with the ‘close RT to send to Gimp’ procedure. Have both open and send to Gimp yourself.

Edit most of the original:
It should be without any issues, as usual launch from Gimp: This using a Mint 20 + installed RT and a Gimp appimage.

Works as expected, although always a chance of differences between installations.
I would check that there is a rawtherapee entry in Edit → Preferences → Import and that it is chosen. Easy to miss with the default (horrible) black theme.

That’s did the trick!

Many thanks @all