[SOLVED] G'MIC not working in GIMP 2.10.38

I’m new to GIMP & G’MIC, I’m using MX Linux 23.1, and downloaded GIMP AppImage from here, and got the G’MIC plug-in from here, tried to install using deb file, did not work, so downloaded zip file, unpacked it and copied it to /home/user-name/.config/GIMP/2.10/plug-ins/, still GIMP can’t see it, what I’m doing wrong?

@michaelbr: Welcome to the board!

From within GIMP, choose Edit ⇒ Preferences. When the preferences dialog appears, choose Folders ⇒ plug-ins from the left-hand selection tool. You should see something like this (my system shown)

This dialog lists the folders that GIMP looks in to find plug-ins. /home/user-name/.config/GIMP/2.10/plug-ins/ should be listed there. If not: (1) add it, or (2) put the gmic plug in in one of the listed folders.

Note: typically the user-name segment in the path is your account name on your PC (user-name is not typical). Note that in the analogous slot from my PC, that segment is named gosgood

If you wish to add a new path, click on the Add Folder tool.

Hope this help. Let us know if this works out (or not).

Thanks for your reply, sorry for the username, the actual path is /home/michael/.config/GIMP/2.10/plug-ins/ and the unzipped file is gmic_gimp_qt (this file shows as executable), and the plug-ins folder shows two folders (as seen on your photo), is there anything that I need to do?
ps: GIMP 2.10.38, G’MIC 3.4, when I go to Filters in the menu, the G’MIC is grayout.

If the plug-ins folder lists /home/michael/.config/GIMP/2.10/plug-ins/ as one of the two listed folders that GIMP looks in to find plug-ins, then put gmic_gimp_qt in that folder. For good measure, restart GIMP, then check for the entry G'MIC-Qt as a choice in GIMP’s Filter menu.

EDIT:
Load an image, or start a new image; otherwise the G'MIC-Qt option will appear greyed out and not be operative (an image needs to be loaded before the plug-in works).

Thanks so much, I did not realize that I needed an image for the filter to be available.