<Solved>Lense Database not showing Camera+Lense combo

I Install DT from the Master branch like

echo ‘deb Index of /repositories/graphics:/darktable:/master/xUbuntu_20.04 /’ | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/graphics:darktable:master.list
curl -fsSL https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/graphics:darktable:master/xUbuntu_20.04/Release.key | gpg --dearmor | sudo tee /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/graphics_darktable_master.gpg > /dev/null
sudo apt update
sudo apt install darktable

I have Sony A6300 and the lens is Sigma 30mm DC DN f1.4

The lens is recognized but when I click in the Camera under Sony only A6000 is shown!

This combo is available in the latest OSX DT compiled and made available by @MStraeten from Master branch

How to update the camera+lens database?

The Sony A(lpha) 6300 is in the current Lensfun database.

Have you recently updated the lensfun database on your Linux machine?

lensfun-update-data

You probably need root permissions, so use sudo.

There is a tool available called lensfun-update-data. On Ubuntu it is included in package liblensfun-bin.

sudo apt install liblensfun-bin
lensfun-update-data

should do the job, if your camera/lens combination is supported by lensfun.

Still not showing, should I reboot the machine

As far as I remember a reboot was not necessary. But my last update is a long time ago…
The string containing the name of your camera in the lensfun database and the string read from the exif data (by exiv2) of your image must exactly match, charater by character. If not, there are ways to create a user defined entry for the lensfun database. This has been discussed several times in this forum. Just do a search…
And lensfun: Database file format may help.

Namaste, Raj!

Here is what my dt shows:

Screenshot_2021-10-16_10-32-16

And if my dt/lensfun can handle your combination,
then your dt/lensfun can, as well :-)))

Have fun!
Claes in Lund, Sweden

Same as Claes remarked here :

sony-alpha-6300

I have no images from an Alpha 6300, so I can’t check if it is recognized automatically (see my recent post regarding string match), but I can easily select this camera from the menu. So if you correctly updated your lensfun database you should at least be able to select the Alpha 6300 manually.

Screenshot from 2021-10-16 15-43-36

@Rajkhand
Please try the following two commands:

Start terminal
Type

sudo lensfun-update-data

Then type

lensfun-update-data

Close terminal and re-boot the computer, to be on the safe side.

Did it help?

Have fun!
Claes in Lund, Sweden

Raw file from A6300 if someone needs to try.
https://raw.pixls.us/getfile.php/979/nice/Sony%20-%20ILCE-6300%20-%2014bit%20compressed%20(3:2).ARW

Rajkhand, open your mil-sony.xml file.

Skärmbild från 2021-10-16 13-44-58

You will probably find it in /usr/share/lensfun/ or /var/lib/lensfun-updates/version_1/lensfun

I got the local database updated by
lensfun-update-data
Thanks @Claes

2 Likes