[Solved] Rawtherapee screen size

RT 5.8 on opensuse leap 15.3.

I’m having problem with the screen layout.

The right size of the top and bottom bar with the icons are cut off. I can’t get to the icons like the ‘pop up 100% window’…

The problem is related to my laptop screen which is 1366x768:

> inxi -Gxxx
Graphics:  Device-1: AMD Wani [Radeon R5/R6/R7 Graphics] vendor: Dell driver: amdgpu 
           v: kernel bus ID: 00:01.0 chip ID: 1002:9874 
           Device-2: Sunplus Innovation Integrated_Webcam_HD type: USB driver: uvcvideo 
           bus ID: 2-4:3 chip ID: 1bcf:2b90 
           Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.3 compositor: kwin_x11 driver: amdgpu,ati 
           unloaded: fbdev,modesetting,vesa resolution: 1366x768~60Hz s-dpi: 96 
           OpenGL: renderer: AMD Radeon R6 Graphics (CARRIZO DRM 3.39.0 5.3.18-57-default 
           LLVM 11.0.1) 
           v: 4.6 Mesa 20.2.4 direct render: Yes 

What can I do shrink the ‘non image’ on the right side? or make the top/bottom bar shorter?

Thanks

@foto Using this button you should be able to get more screen space:

I hope that is enough for you

1 Like

No that doesn’t work. That’s what I was already doing.

The image scales to the screen size but not the toolbars or if I could reach (shortcut) to remove the right panel while I do my stuff and then reinstate it to do further processing?

This laptop is temporary. My desktop fried and it will be a while (a month) until I have a “working” replacement.

Wow, there’s waaaay too much padding around the GUI elements. That might be your local theme interfering with the look of RT. Have you tried the different theme’s for RT, found in Preferences?

The shortcut to collapse the right toolbar is Alt+l (lower case L).

1. Atl-L worked
  2. I was using to toowablue. Just tried them all and toowagrey works and fixed. Now I can see all the toolbars.

Excellent. Thanks for taking the time to solve my layout problem.

1 Like