Some PhF Layout suggestions

What about working with natural colors? In photo is typical work - to reduce green for example, but only for green objects, not for full photo.
Selective colors.

Sorry for the late reply. The best for this is to use the ā€œHSL maskā€ tool. You must add the HSL mask into the opacity mask of the layer that you use to control color saturation (for example a ā€œcolor correctionā€ layer), enable the ā€œHueā€ mask and adjust the curve so that only the interesting colors are selected.

Here is an exampleā€¦ the initial image:

The HSL mask to select the yellow colors:

I have also added a bit of gaussian blur to the mask to smooth the transitions a bit.

The final output, with de-saturation restricted to yellow colors:

Thank you, itā€™s first lesson for wiki :smile:

Ohhhā€¦
Pardon me, but I donā€™t know how to ā€œadd HSL maskā€, and I donā€™t find HSL mask at all.

Give me a little bit of time, I will post a screencast to show you how it worksā€¦

Here is a short screencast showing the ā€œH/S/L maskā€ tool in action: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ch4lIkLLAxXpDgv344MuwAS0N79yyz3-

Let me know if something is not clear and/or reproducibleā€¦

Thank you, all is clear!

Now about bugs.
Open two-three raw files (Iā€™m working with fuji compressed raws), make some change on one of this pictures and close this page. PhF ask about save changes - answer ā€˜NOā€™. On my computer PhF hangs for some minutes and than crashes, i.e. closes whithout warnings.

Is there some news???

Andrea released a new version yesterday, with huge performance improvements.

Why donā€™t you try that?

Itā€™s this one:

Or this, if youā€™re on Windows?

It can be found here, on the Continuous Builds section.

1 Like

Concerning the crash when closing images, I have to check if this is still happening in the most recent version, after several changes/fixes have been introducedā€¦

This version will be installed right after one appear in AUR.

I have version r2637.898050de-1of photoflow-git in my system. Have I switch to photoflow 0.2.8.r2.gdf03f253-1?

This version corresponds to a git commit from 19th of September, so rather old.

In order to test the belleding-edge version, I strongly suggest you to download and run the AppImage packages I am providing. The most recent one is
https://github.com/aferrero2707/PhotoFlow/releases/download/continuous/PhotoFlow-git-stable-20191012_1954-4b1403f2fbb1d9231cc37d8eb804f81fef82437f-x86_64.AppImage

I do not know exactly how often the AUR packages are updated, but clearly this is not often enough to be able to try the most recent changes.

AUR isnā€™t updated, I can obtain new version as appimage only.

In fact, I have no control over the versions in the various package managers. Thatā€™s why I provide my own up-to-date AppImage package. It should be as fast and reliable as the version provided with a package manager.

1 Like

In fact AppImage donā€™t have direct link for check and downloadā€¦

PF is dead?
For now - it canā€™t start, libraris are changed.

Not at all! I am currently working on the UI layout: PhotoFlow News and Updates - #424 by Carmelo_DrRaw

Which operating system and which package are you using?
The latest Linux AppImage is here.

Could you post the error messages you get when try to run the software?

Thanks!

Thanks, now I know link to check new appImages.
Iā€™m working with Arch.

1 Like

I have an Arch computer at home (actually Manjaro), I will check from my side if I can run the AppImage correctly.